LAN Material Games

Rashy

Hi, I soon wanna start a LAN party with around 10 friends including me at my friends house nearby and staying over there with again 10 friends inc. me so we need to keep playing games to keep us from getting bored for the next 3 days, were all bringing laptop so the games should be graphics friendly.

Here are some qualifications for the game:

1. LAN compatible(duhh)
  2. Graphics friendly
  3. Must have a LAN match with 5 or more players or less just not 3
  4. Apparently small. small sized games under 4 gigs/gb

Ive taken one game for sure that is all of the Rise Of Nation's expansion and the game itself(Rise of Legends, Rise of Nations, Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots) and that can keep us occupied for 2 or 4 hours. Any LAN Material games? post as many as possible

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Hi, I soon wanna start a LAN party with around 10 friends including me at my friends house nearby and staying over there with again 10 friends inc. me so we need to keep playing games to keep us from getting bored for the next 3 days, were all bringing laptop so the games should be graphics friendly.

Here are some qualifications for the game:

1. LAN compatible(duhh)
  2. Graphics friendly
  3. Must have a LAN match with 5 or more players or less just not 3
  4. Apparently small. small sized games under 4 gigs/gb

Ive taken one game for sure that is all of the Rise Of Nation's expansion and the game itself(Rise of Legends, Rise of Nations, Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots) and that can keep us occupied for 2 or 4 hours. Any LAN Material games? post as many as possible

Age of Empires? :P 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Age of Empires? :P

1, 2 , or 3?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

1, 2 , or 3?

I would say 3. 3 Is a lot more fun. How about CS too? Minecraft.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

There are not a lot of games under 4GB that aren't old. Is there a certain genre of games you'd like to play (RTS,FPS)?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

There are not a lot of games under 4GB that aren't old. Is there a certain genre of games you'd like to play (RTS,FPS)?

RTS is the main genre, FPS is not so exciting on LAN

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I would say 3. 3 Is a lot more fun. How about CS too? Minecraft.

CS? not everyone have that and besides its FPS is not fun. Minecraft on the other hand... theres too many people in the party that doesnt have it but i will find a way to play FTB and Tekkit

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

RTS is the main genre, FPS is not so exciting on LAN

I disagree with you, any BF/CoD or CS is very exciting if the teams are balanced.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

CS? not everyone have that and besides its FPS is not fun. Minecraft on the other hand... theres too many people in the party that doesnt have it but i will find a way to play FTB and Tekkit

I've never been to a LAN party before. Just throwing ideas out :)

A fun Minecraft server with minigames could be fun for a long time.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I disagree with you, any BF/CoD or CS is very exciting if the teams are balanced.

The big part of the party is a mind builder so they think fps is.... *makes fart sounds*.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

The big part of the party is a mind builder so they think fps is.... *makes fart sounds*.

You could play some LoTR: BFME 2

Original HALO, like, lan parties of that is a BLAST :D

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

You could play some LoTR: BFME 2

Interesting... Good thing the party is a major geek squad and techies so they'll love LoTR. I'll take it.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Playing CS could build communication skills, you have to learn how to effectively communicate with yout teammates where the enemies are, as well as develop strategies for (depending on what gamemode you're playing) how you are going to plant/defuse the bomb, or how you will rescue the hostages. It can be a very, very fun - and thought-intesive game. 

Although there might be better options, you can't rule out a genre as a whole just from stereotypes. Enjoy LoTR

//ccap

Original HALO, like, lan parties of that is a BLAST :D

Dem old skool halo. I'll think about it

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Dem old skool halo. I'll think about it

is so much fun man, wish my friends could play halo 2, lan parties of halo 2 WOULD BE EVEN BETTER D:

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

My party just upgraded to a 16 people party, need a lil something bigger

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

My party just upgraded to a 16 people party, need a lil something bigger

16 ppl top?? halo then, big team battles of 8 v 8 ;P

I'd recommend buying a switch just cause I was at a lan party and a pretty decent router just couldn't hack so keep that in mind. you can pick one up for about $20 second hand (doesn't have to be amazing but they can handle a lot more than a consumer grade router.

I'd recommend buying a switch just cause I was at a lan party and a pretty decent router just couldn't hack so keep that in mind. you can pick one up for about $20 second hand (doesn't have to be amazing but they can handle a lot more than a consumer grade router.

Dont worry about it i go to my friends alot and i download about like 10mbps 

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

RTS -------- ummmmm how about the first Starcraft!!!! Or Warcraft III. or Age of Empire 2.

FPS----------- Quake, Unreal Tournament 2004, CS, Battlefield 2.

Adventure---------- Diablo 2 is fun for LAN, 

my favorite is Starcraft, would be hella fun.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

RTS -------- ummmmm how about the first Starcraft!!!! Or Warcraft III. or Age of Empire 2.

FPS----------- Quake, Unreal Tournament 2004, CS, Battlefield 2.

Adventure---------- Diablo 2 is fun for LAN, 

my favorite is Starcraft, would be hella fun.

Played Starcraft 1... its... pretty bad, never heard warcraft, aoe is on the list

Quake would be a pants pisser for the guys, UT that i will look into, CS considering, BF2 no.. just no

Diablo 2 is on the list

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Played Starcraft 1... its... pretty bad, never heard warcraft, aoe is on the list

Quake would be a pants pisser for the guys, UT that i will look into, CS considering, BF2 no.. just no

Diablo 2 is on the list

I will never be able to take you seriously since you just said Starcraft is bad... the first one even... Warcraft III is a fun FPS have to get III though. Unreal tournament 2004 is insanely fun with a group of people. The game modes are badass. BF2 was fun by my LAN party had 30 some people so it was really fun playing like 15 on 15. We were in different computer labs just Vlan'd them together.. we had flags over each room depending on if you wanted to be China or US. People walked in and started playing whenever, plus we were all in same room so you could yell out if you needed backup or telling where enemy was.

THe LAN party was for a college club I was apart of. The Gaming Club :) they would give us $750 for every party we threw.. we would get up to 60 people in one room we would have about 8 projectors and Halo running on all of them. Was a blast would get more controllers and Pizza/Soda with the $750. Those were the days.... nothing like getting together with 3 of my friends and playing 4v4 Starcraft... us 4 vs. 4 computers was crazy fun also.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I will never be able to take you seriously since you just said Starcraft is bad... the first one even... Warcraft III is a fun FPS have to get III though. Unreal tournament 2004 is insanely fun with a group of people. The game modes are badass. BF2 was fun by my LAN party had 30 some people so it was really fun playing like 15 on 15. We were in different computer labs just Vlan'd them together.. we had flags over each room depending on if you wanted to be China or US. People walked in and started playing whenever, plus we were all in same room so you could yell out if you needed backup or telling where enemy was.

THe LAN party was for a college club I was apart of. The Gaming Club :) they would give us $750 for every party we threw.. we would get up to 60 people in one room we would have about 8 projectors and Halo running on all of them. Was a blast would get more controllers and Pizza/Soda with the $750. Those were the days.... nothing like getting together with 3 of my friends and playing 4v4 Starcraft... us 4 vs. 4 computers was crazy fun also.

BF2 is quite small with only 16 players

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop: