King high fives Tencent for Chinese Candy Crush distribution

KakaoDj

Kitguru article

King, the maker of Candy Crush, has teamed up with Tencent, a huge publishing company, to distribute the game to chinese customers. The chinese version will be launched through Tencent's Mobile QQ (which is kind of a game centre) and Weixin Game Centres, which gives the game a huge install base to start off with. This has the potential to blow up, and create even more mindless candy swiping zombies on the eastern continent...

I don't know if the chinese will like this game, we can only hope for it to flop super hard, and for King to go back home.

The new Chinese version of the game will be launched through Tencent’s Mobile QQ and Weixin Game Centres, giving it a huge install base right off the bat. This has the potential to hugely increase King’s already impressive 320+ million users worldwide, as the Chinese mobile market is enormous.

candytking.jpg

I have never played it but can anyone tell me what is the difference between Candy Crush and Bejeweled?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I have never played it but can anyone tell me what is the difference between Candy Crush and Bejeweled?

Its essentially the same basic game.

Its essentially the same basic game.

So this is another case of Angry Birds and Crush the Castle then. One of them comes up with the idea, the other one comes up with better marketing.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So this is another case of Angry Birds and Crush the Castle then. One of them comes up with the idea, the other one comes up with better marketing.

Sort of. Theres different combos and game elements, but the essentials of the games are the same. But if anything, both Bejewled and Candy Crush are coppying Pokemon Puzzle League.