External hdd or ssd that i can keep in my oled, but also upload files to from pc?

Rijsberman

Hi all!

Thinking of how to set up my new home. And i'm getting a new Oled tv. Already have a 55 inch, but time for a 65.

Now I like to watch my own content by plugging my usb into the tv. But that's kind of a hassle with the new tv being flush against the wall. I don't want to use plex because i want to use the internal player. But do you perhaps know a product that I can hook up to the tv. But also send files to from my computer? So that I can hide it and I don't have to keep connecting and disconnecting it? My blurays are big and i can't rotate them easily because like 3-4 fit on my usb stick at the same time.

Another fix could be that I get an external ssd or hdd, and keep the cable in the tv, route it to the tv furniture and hook up the hdd or ssd there every time. But maybe there was a more automated way? I did google of course, but really didn't get wiser on this subject 馃槷聽hard to find stuff. Also don't want to break the bank

Looking forward if anyone knows!聽

3 hours ago, Rijsberman said:

Hi all!

Thinking of how to set up my new home. And i'm getting a new Oled tv. Already have a 55 inch, but time for a 65.

Now I like to watch my own content by plugging my usb into the tv. But that's kind of a hassle with the new tv being flush against the wall. I don't want to use plex because i want to use the internal player. But do you perhaps know a product that I can hook up to the tv. But also send files to from my computer? So that I can hide it and I don't have to keep connecting and disconnecting it? My blurays are big and i can't rotate them easily because like 3-4 fit on my usb stick at the same time.

Another fix could be that I get an external ssd or hdd, and keep the cable in the tv, route it to the tv furniture and hook up the hdd or ssd there every time. But maybe there was a more automated way? I did google of course, but really didn't get wiser on this subject 馃槷聽hard to find stuff. Also don't want to break the bank

Looking forward if anyone knows!聽

Set up a network share on your pc. Most (all?) TVs should be able to connect to smb network shares. No need for extra harddrives or usb.聽