Should I buy a laptop or build my own laptop?

Go to solution Solved by Chris Pratt,

Buying a customized prebuilt is still a prebuilt. Usually, there's no cost difference, because the OEM or SI has all the available parts through wholesale; they're just letting you choose between a set of options, not truly customize it with whatever you like. There will be longer lead/shipping times though. An actual ready to go model could ship tomorrow, but it can sometimes take a month or more to work through the queue of custom builds.

No clue on the reputability of that particular site. You should do your own due diligence and research before ever parting with your hard earned money, but there's nothing abnormal or special about what they're doing here.

Hello, I'm planning to buy a laptop, but I came across this website, where you can build your own, is this site legit or buying a prebuilt one would be better than customized one?

Hi This is my pc 😄

~ PC ~

Motherboard : B550 GAMING X V2

CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 5600X

RAM : 2x8Gb G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2133 MHZ

SSD : Crucial P2 1TB PCIe M.2 2280SS SSD

GPU : AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT

PSU : M.RED ATX 750W - 80+BRONZE

Cooling : Watercooling M.RED AIO 240mm RGB Rainbow + 4 Fans

3 minutes ago, MiggyAngeloP said:

Hello, I'm planning to buy a laptop, but I came across this website, where you can build your own, is this site legit or buying a prebuilt one would be better than customized one?

Just buy it's cheaper usually. These are all clevo chassis so nothing special.

However what are you going to be doing on the laptop and what is your budget? These aren't bad laptops but the only one worth looking at is the emlimina pro as all the others are either older 10th meaning bad battery life or slim laptops meaning overheating.

Buying a customized prebuilt is still a prebuilt. Usually, there's no cost difference, because the OEM or SI has all the available parts through wholesale; they're just letting you choose between a set of options, not truly customize it with whatever you like. There will be longer lead/shipping times though. An actual ready to go model could ship tomorrow, but it can sometimes take a month or more to work through the queue of custom builds.

No clue on the reputability of that particular site. You should do your own due diligence and research before ever parting with your hard earned money, but there's nothing abnormal or special about what they're doing here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

47 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just buy it's cheaper usually. These are all clevo chassis so nothing special.

However what are you going to be doing on the laptop and what is your budget? These aren't bad laptops but the only one worth looking at is the emlimina pro as all the others are either older 10th meaning bad battery life or slim laptops meaning overheating.

Mostly gaming, such as overwatch, red dead redemption 2, 3A games and coding( python c++ javascript etc)

My budget is around 1400€ - 1800€

Hi This is my pc 😄

~ PC ~

Motherboard : B550 GAMING X V2

CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 5600X

RAM : 2x8Gb G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2133 MHZ

SSD : Crucial P2 1TB PCIe M.2 2280SS SSD

GPU : AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT

PSU : M.RED ATX 750W - 80+BRONZE

Cooling : Watercooling M.RED AIO 240mm RGB Rainbow + 4 Fans