Pc bootlooping and showing red light for Dram and cpu

CosmoDaFox

So i built most of my pc around xmas but until today i was missing my ram. Ive been troubleshooting this for many hours now and I cant figure out the problem. The pc wont boot and i get a red dram light and a cpu red light every now and then, can't access the bios either. Pc also has been boot looping
Specs:
I7-12700k
Kingston 32gb ddr5 5200mhz (2x16)
Rtx 3080 (not currently in pc, i do have it though)
Corsair icue h100i pro xt
750W psu
Gigabyte z690 ud mother board

I've tried doing one stick of ram, tried all slots with both ram. Checked all my cables, reseated the cpu twice and cleared the cmos.
Anyone got any solutions or ideas? 

(Sorry about cable management in the back, i'm lazy)

20220125_194146.jpg

20220125_194215.jpg

20220125_195038.jpg

20220125_195040.jpg

Just to be sure, you tried both RAM sticks in the main DIMM slot correct? As there is one slot that *must* be populated or it won't POST.

You manual will say which.

If that didn't work then my guess is bad CPU. But I would also remove my boot drive, graphics card etc. to verify.

Yes you won't get a picture, but you will get at least to the boot LED if either are faulty and stopping POST.

If you have another CPU somewhere you could verify that. 
As a last ditch effort you could reflash your UEFI BIOS via BIOS flashback

4 minutes ago, Frizz said:

Just to be sure, you tried both RAM sticks in the main DIMM slot correct? As there is one slot that *must* be populated or it won't POST.

You manual will say which.

If that didn't work then my guess is bad CPU. But I would also remove my boot drive, graphics card etc. to verify.

Yes you won't get a picture, but you will get at least to the boot LED if either are faulty and stopping POST.

If you have another CPU somewhere you could verify that. 
As a last ditch effort you could reflash your UEFI BIOS via BIOS flashback

Yeah A2 and B2 were the ones said on motherboard to be populated, that was the first i had tried, then i tried the other slots and then all again with just one stick. I took out the gpu already, just took out ram and my m.2 ssd. The same lights were flashing, dram and cpu. I don't have any other cpu or ram so i cant verify if either are faulty.

11 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

any way you could test with another set of ram? that would rule out ram issues

Sadly not, I don't have any other sets of ddr 5 ram, i tried both sticks seperately so unless they are both faulty i'm not too sure they would be the issue

8 minutes ago, CosmoDaFox said:

Sadly not, I don't have any other sets of ddr 5 ram, i tried both sticks seperately so unless they are both faulty i'm not too sure they would be the issue

oh darn, didn't see that it was ddr5, that's probably a pain to even exchange for another set, given the shortages.. any access to another 600 chipset board to make sure the cpu is good?

not sure if you have any local pc shops, but if you do, maybe you can get one to test your cpu, and maybe ram, if they have a ddr5 board.

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

oh darn, didn't see that it was ddr5, that's probably a pain to even exchange for another set, given the shortages.. any access to another 600 chipset board to make sure the cpu is good?

not sure if you have any local pc shops, but if you do, maybe you can get one to test your cpu, and maybe ram, if they have a ddr5 board.

There was one local pc shop near me, but they closed cause of the pandemic. I'd have to look around a bit to see if there are actually any near me. This is my first pc so i dont have any other parts sadly

1 hour ago, CosmoDaFox said:

Yeah A2 and B2 were the ones said on motherboard to be populated, that was the first i had tried, then i tried the other slots and then all again with just one stick. I took out the gpu already, just took out ram and my m.2 ssd. The same lights were flashing, dram and cpu. I don't have any other cpu or ram so i cant verify if either are faulty.

My only suggestion given the constraints is RMA the CPU first, it is the most likely issue.
Then go MB if that fails, best of wishes

8 minutes ago, Frizz said:

My only suggestion given the constraints is RMA the CPU first, it is the most likely issue.
Then go MB if that fails, best of wishes

Ok, i'll see what i can do. Thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2022 at 5:28 PM, CosmoDaFox said:

Ok, i'll see what i can do. Thank you!

Hey I just got a new motherboard and cpu and ram and the pc was working the other day but when i tried reinstalling the cpu fan the pc stopped working and the issues your having started to happen to me. So I'm having the exact same problem did you ever fix it? If so how.