Glitching screen, no idea what the source of it is

Brycko

Trying to run a 1920x1080p display @120hz but it has the awful glitching no matter what I plug it into. The glitching spikes whenever I boot up a game (as one can see the worst of it here with R6S) and happens sometimes on the desktop but generally goes away after a while. I don't think it's the graphics card (tried it with GTX 960 and a Ryzen 5 5500U with the integrated Vega)... is it the display cable (I've tried using HDMI 2.0 and Displayport 1.2) or the just a bad monitor? It's a budget one from Acer that is actually rated for 144hz (and possible to overclock to 165hz). I tried both the stock displayport cable and a 2 meter auxiliary one, as well as an auxiliary 2 meter HDMI cable and get the same issue (though somewhat less on the HDMI cable). Thought it could just be the data transmission limits but when I checked on Wikipedia I thought it would be okay. Model number is RX241Y plz help I'm at a total loss

If you tried and are sure you tried two different GPUs and with the different cables you tried yeah I am led to believe it is the monitor.

What happens when you reset to defaults, and change the refresh rate back up, does it still happen?

Does it have any newer software/firmware versions? Try that next and see if it helps

After that what happens when you down the refresh rate? If that works when nothing else does, sounds like a defective monitor