M.2 boot issues z590

ClownFace1511

Hey guys,

Super stuck at the moment, tried various other things but still can't get my issue solved.

Ive upgraded an x99 deluxe system to a z590 glacial. I have transferred the m.2 samsung 960 pro across to the new z590 board. This drive already has windows 10 installed on it from the previous system.

On the z590 board the drive will show up when csm is disabled but its not shown in the boot menu. If csm is enabled the drive does not show at all.

With csm enabled ive tried in both legacy and uefi options with no luck, both dont make a difference.

Its a gen 11 processor so the m.2 slot placement doesn't matter as all are supported.

What am i missing? 

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

So what happens exactly when you try to boot via disabled CSM, does it like say no bootable drive found?

Have you tried a different drive slot in case it is faulty?

Have you tried windows media creation tool to make sure your new setup is happy with your drive OS?

Last one is a guess, sometimes setup processes with new MBs don't go well. 
Just for example if your last system UEFI BIOS had UEFI enabled, that means your drive was formatted via GPT. So it does make sense that CSM would not show a bootable device. 

Maybe your new setup doesn't recognize your boot sector? Just guessing but windows creation tool would assist there fixing that

there are more options in bios you can test with, m.2 raid/uefi should be enabled on that port tho.