PC randomly restarts

2ndmaiki

Hi guys, I have a problem with PC it just randomly restarts. After that it shuts down and it wont boot. This happened to me multiple times during few months. My MB got 4 LEDs for CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT. It should turn on if something fails. Usually the CPU LED turned on and I just turned off and on power supply and it worked but today turned on LED for DRAM and VGA too. I tried again to turn off and on power supply but it still didn't work. I have another system with i7 6700k so I tried to plug RAM and GPU from the Ryzen PC to this and it worked. After that I tried to plug everything back as it was and Ryzen PC booted normally. I tried to check temps but they were fine (GPU max 72 C). I have no idea what may cause this since it just temporarily don't work. It's like completely random, sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I've never tried to OC anything. If u have any idea what might be the problem it would be great. Thanks for answers ❤️

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (with big air cooler)

RAM: Kingston hyperx predator RGB 16GB DDR4 2993Mhz CL15

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 mini version

MB: GA-AX370-Gaming K5

SSD: M.2 Kingston 500GB (without cooler)

HDD: 1TB

PSU: Zalman 550W

Case: Zalman Z1 Neo (i know it's crap)

what I would do is try to crash my system on purpose, and in a way I can reproduce. 

but first thinks first

How to force crash your system BEFORE Disabling XMP 

get furmark(GPU) and Prime95 (CPU and RAM) and let it run both, if it crashes try only one of them and then the other. but be warned that is 100% utilization and at least furmark warns that you might damage your gpu. It did never for me but you should be warned. 

in general 

your RAM. you said you never OC anything BUT your ram is at 2993 Mhz. you must have XMP enabled to do so. that is one OC. 

try disabling and check if our system crashes. 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

Just now, SamClan said:

what I would do is try to crash my system on purpose, and in a way I can reproduce. 

but first thinks first

How to force crash your system BEFORE Disabling XMP 

get furmark(GPU) and Prime95 (CPU and RAM) and let it run both, if it crashes try only one of them and then the other. but be warned that is 100% utilization and at least furmark warns that you might damage your gpu. It did never for me but you should be warned. 

in general 

your RAM. you said you never OC anything BUT your ram is at 2993 Mhz. you must have XMP enabled to do so. that is one OC. 

try disabling and check if our system crashes. 

But what would I get from that?  Anyway I don't want to risk losing my gpu since I can't get a new one for normal price. About the ram it is rated for 2993 Mhz I meant I never went above sorry about that.

Just now, 2ndmaiki said:

But what would I get from that?  Anyway I don't want to risk losing my gpu since I can't get a new one for normal price. About the ram it is rated for 2993 Mhz I meant I never went above sorry about that.

Also I should mention the pc worked fine before I swapped case and GPU. The GPU was in that i7 system before and it worked fine without crashes. There were also RAM OC to 3200 (Maximum for board).

On 1/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, 2ndmaiki said:

But what would I get from that?

that you DO Overclock 

On 1/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, 2ndmaiki said:

Also I should mention the pc worked fine before I swapped case and GPU. The GPU was in that i7 system before and it worked fine without crashes. There were also RAM OC to 3200 (Maximum for board).

you could also test with the old GPU if your system still crashes. there are tons of possibilities why your system is instable 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

well, i suggest you to check the event viewer, windows will log what caused the system to crash, check if there is any problem, if you don't understand the meaning of each event, you can send me the suspicious event or google it its meaning
Refer to LTT's YouTube video:My PC keeps turning off... - Tech Support Walkthrough

An Helpdesk IT guy from China, English is not good.most of the replies are translated into English using Google.Although I have repaired many PC, my answer may still be wrong.Please let me know if I make a mistake.PLZ,answer me let me know!!!