PC trips breaker after new gpu install

hello, a month ago i bought an r9 fury, the problem is that my psu wasn't enough, so i bought an EVGA 610W BP, and when i plugged my pc the breaker tripped again and again. so i called a friend and at his house we tried his gpu in my pc (rx 5500xt) and it worked just fine, then we tried my r9 fury in his pc and also worked just fine (he has a corsair cv650 psu), but then, i took off my psu from my pc and put it in his pc and the breaker tripped again... i don't know what could be the problem... 

i don't think it's the psu wattage since i've been told that a psu shouldn't make the breaker trip if the power isn't enough.

maybe it's just faulty, but i'm tired of testing things and i don't have the money to buy another psu to test it in my own...

I guess it's what you state, some bad leaking or whatever else with the PSU making the breaker trip. As an PSU shouldn't trip the breaker.

Else one would maybe think it was just the breaker, but since you did test it else where or on another breaker, that shouldnt be an issue.

10 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

I guess it's what you state, some bad leaking or whatever else with the PSU making the breaker trip. As an PSU shouldn't trip the breaker.

Else one would maybe think it was just the breaker, but since you did test it else where or on another breaker, that shouldnt be an issue.

yeah but the weirdest thing is that his gpu worked with no problem in my pc, with my psu..

RX 5500 XT is rated at 130W and one 8-pin plug, your R9 fury at 275W and two plugs, so your friend's 5500 is not a good test of PSU ability to power up more hungry card.

10 hours ago, paltaqueso said:

i've been told that a psu shouldn't make the breaker trip if the power isn't enough

There is quite important difference between "shouldn't" and "won't".

10 hours ago, paltaqueso said:

maybe it's just faulty

Probably is. If it is still under warranty, try to return it.

Also, guru3d review of R9 states that:

On your average system the cards require you to have a 850~950 Watt power supply unit as minimum

and on Tom's Hardware people say that on torture test R9 can suck 400W on its own. So, your 610W is cutting it close. That, of course, depends on the other components of your system but if you will get a refund, please rethink how many watts you need.