Is ACER Nitro N50-620 case swappable

Willarm22

So I recently got the ACER Nitro N50-620 and I want to swap the case but I’m unsure if I can could anyone help me out?

10 minutes ago, Willarm22 said:

So I recently got the ACER Nitro N50-620 and I want to swap the case but I’m unsure if I can could anyone help me out?

The PSU looks like it fits normal ATX standards. Are you able to upload a picture of the motherboard? 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Willarm22 said:

If this is it, the motherboard looks completely customised to the case.

s-l1600.jpg

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 1/24/2022 at 12:23 AM, IkeaGnome said:

The PSU looks like it fits normal ATX standards. Are you able to upload a picture of the motherboard? 

Ye I can try

• 2 months later...

Yes, you can case swap. I have put mine in a coolermaster NR400 with no issues. The mounting holes for the motherboard/psu are standard. Just need to make sure you have the following items covered:

Matx case so your existing psu cables can reach.

At least 13.2" of internal flat backpan space so you can accommodate the longer board.

Be happy without front IO as the board doesn't have headers for the new case's USB and audio headers.

I have the button pinout too if you need it for the power/reset/leds.

With the right case, this is totally painless.

Good Luck420782533_20220326_1703362.thumb.jpg.a86f03bded691ce86778426bdaac3eee.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, TheGinger said:

Yes, you can case swap. I have put mine in a coolermaster NR400 with no issues. The mounting holes for the motherboard/psu are standard. Just need to make sure you have the following items covered:

Matx case so your existing psu cables can reach.

At least 13.2" of internal flat backpan space so you can accommodate the longer board.

Be happy without front IO as the board doesn't have headers for the new case's USB and audio headers.

I have the button pinout too if you need it for the power/reset/leds.

With the right case, this is totally painless.

Good Luck420782533_20220326_1703362.thumb.jpg.a86f03bded691ce86778426bdaac3eee.jpg

Did you need any extra tools, cables or anything like that, also did you temps get better and how much did it cost, thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 1:44 PM, RealDavido said:

Did you need any extra tools, cables or anything like that, also did you temps get better and how much did it cost, thanks

The case comes with the front IO cables needed. My temps improved dramatically for me when I swapped cases to the NR400. 100% recommend anyone who wants to swap this Acer motherboard original case with the NR400. My temps did get better, although I did add 4 extra fans to the case, two more to the front for intake and two for exhaust up top. The case itself is around 90 dollars on Amazon for Prime. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 4:51 PM, tborag19 said:

100% recommend anyone who wants to swap this Acer motherboard original case with the NR400.

Will this SilentiumPC Signum SG1 TG case be good? Middle tower size, and ATX, M-ATX and Mini ITX compalibity. Also did u have to just unplug old power button cable and plug in new one, or did u have to to some other necesarry things? I don't care about reset, usb, jack cables, i just want it to turn on.

On 7/6/2022 at 2:01 AM, Kekakukekos said:

Will this SilentiumPC Signum SG1 TG case be good? Middle tower size, and ATX, M-ATX and Mini ITX compalibity. Also did u have to just unplug old power button cable and plug in new one, or did u have to to some other necesarry things? I don't care about reset, usb, jack cables, i just want it to turn on.

As long as the case has mATX screw hole set up it should work. I unplugged the old cases front io and used the new ones pin out. Not sure if you can relocate the old power button into the new case. I also found a way to upgrade the PSU. One downside is you have to manually shut off the PSU after shutdown every time. Not bothersome for me, but might be for most people. 

On 7/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, tborag19 said:

As long as the case has mATX screw hole set up it should work. I unplugged the old cases front io and used the new ones pin out. Not sure if you can relocate the old power button into the new case. I also found a way to upgrade the PSU. One downside is you have to manually shut off the PSU after shutdown every time. Not bothersome for me, but might be for most people. 

Can You explain your way to upgrade the PSU ? 

On 7/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, tborag19 said:

Could u send me pic or diagram how you plugged in power button, reset button and leds? i dont know which pins to plug in.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:58 AM, Kekakukekos said:

Could u send me pic or diagram how you plugged in power button, reset button and leds? i dont know which pins to plug in.

Here

2tl49c1x70nr.webp

On 7/16/2022 at 3:20 PM, salcefix said:

Can You explain your way to upgrade the PSU ? 

I used the 24 pin to 6 pin COMEAP adapter off of Amazon. I am currently using an EVGA 700 watt PSU. Like I said, you will need to manually turn off the PSU using the switch after every shut down.