Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acer Nitro 5 Jet Engine

My girlfriend has a Acer Nitro 5 she has had for a year and a half. It all of a sudden started to sound like a jet engine on the right side of the laptop. THis happened just the other day and won't stop. I am not sure what the issue could be has anyone else on her experienced this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably just need to open it up and clean it out. While you're in there you might as well re-paste the CPU/GPU as well. If there's nothing else hogging resources while the computer's running I'm sure it's just clogged up with dust. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Founders said:

You probably just need to open it up and clean it out. While you're in there you might as well re-paste the CPU/GPU as well. If there's nothing else hogging resources while the computer's running I'm sure it's just clogged up with dust. 

So my girlfriend opened it up yesterday/last night did a cleaning of it. A good buddy of mine walked her through it but to no dice did it help. this is the sound its making I have attached it below. Audio link Acer Nitro 5 Jet Engine

Voice 004.m4a

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OutragedMetro said:

So my girlfriend opened it up yesterday/last night did a cleaning of it. A good buddy of mine walked her through it but to no dice did it help. this is the sound its making I have attached it below. Audio link Acer Nitro 5 Jet Engine

Voice 004.m4a 679.44 kB · 2 downloads

That's either a bad fan, or there's something caught in one of them. If you give me the exact model I can find a replacement if need be. It's a simple install, usually 2-3 screws and a cable. If the sound is coming from the right side, then it's likely it's the one on the left if you're looking at it while the laptop is open.   

 

Both fans for $27, just need to double check the model number of the laptop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Founders said:

That's either a bad fan, or there's something caught in one of them. If you give me the exact model I can find a replacement if need be. It's a simple install, usually 2-3 screws and a cable. If the sound is coming from the right side, then it's likely it's the one on the left if you're looking at it while the laptop is open.   

Its an AN515-55-5354 https://store.acer.com/en-ca/nitro-5-laptop-an515-55-53s4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, OutragedMetro said:

I can't seem to get a definitive answer on the exact fan(s) but the fan will have a model number on it you can look up. If there's nothing stuck in the fan she may be able to confirm it's bad if it doesn't spin freely. She can compare it to the one that's still working properly for reference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Founders said:

I can't seem to get a definitive answer on the exact fan(s) but the fan will have a model number on it you can look up. If there's nothing stuck in the fan she may be able to confirm it's bad if it doesn't spin freely. She can compare it to the one that's still working properly for reference. 

Yeah I was doing some reasearch myself and have not found much info on this model of laptop ether for parts its like this laptop isn't really known

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, OutragedMetro said:

Yeah I was doing some reasearch myself and have not found much info on this model of laptop ether for parts its like this laptop isn't really known

It's actually quite common as one product under the same name can have a dozen different SKU's or more. Like I said once you determine it's the fan it will have the model number printed right on the hub. Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×