RTX 3090

MrBee420

Hi, I got a Rtx 3090 for a new build I am building, I am kinda of new to these high end things so I need some help. I bought the rtx 3090 and the AMD Threadripper 3990X. My dad picked them for me lol,idk what they are a lot. I am looking for a good motherboard. I got the MSI Creator TRX40 and I don't like it, I need a more powerful motherboard for my build :). Can someone pls give me a very powerful and more capable motherboard? I also need a psu. I bought a 1000w psu but is it ok???

(existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Gaming on a threadripper isn't the intended use case because while you do have alot of multi-tgreaded processing power, the single core performance isn't that great. You'll find much more gaming oriented motherboards if you were to go with an intel 12900k, something with a z690 chipset. 

44 minutes ago, MrBee420 said:

(existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Do you mind answering these questions? 

My brain is a little confused that you've somehow come into a 3090, Threadripper and an extremely competent motherboard but somehow believe that the board isn't "powerful enough" and aren't sure how to find what else is available. 

This isn't adding up, hopefully you can shed some light on what's going on here. Or we're just being trolled and this is another dream system post. 

3 minutes ago, Arethusa said:

Gaming on a threadripper isn't the intended use case because while you do have alot of multi-tgreaded processing power, the single core performance isn't that great. You'll find much more gaming oriented motherboards if you were to go with an intel 12900k, something with a z690 chipset. 

They've made no mention of gaming that I can see.

1 hour ago, MrBee420 said:

Hi, I got a Rtx 3090 for a new build I am building, I am kinda of new to these high end things so I need some help. I bought the rtx 3090 and the AMD Threadripper 3990X. My dad picked them for me lol,idk what they are a lot. I am looking for a good motherboard. I got the MSI Creator TRX40 and I don't like it, I need a more powerful motherboard for my build :). Can someone pls give me a very powerful and more capable motherboard? I also need a psu. I bought a 1000w psu but is it ok???

Whats the problem with the board? All a motherboard does is slot stuff into it and regulate power delivery something the creator trx40 is more than capable doing.

17 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Or we're just being trolled and this is another dream system post. 

Yea this thread kinda gives off that dream build vibe

youve got a very capable board meant for content creators so a crap ton of i/o like usb ports, oc is also possible but thats pointless unless you got a waterchiller or some other form of subzero cooling

Btw you got ripped off terribly cause epyc milan on 7nm+ has already been out for awhile and epyc on ebay are really cheap depending on what you get, even if you get the same thing theres still a crap ton of extra expandability cause boat loads of pcie lanes and some other server interfaces if you ever wanna f around with those, epyc 7742 are going for like 4000$ on ebay and an insane deal like the 32 core 7d12 is like 800$