Question regarding my prebuilt PC

Root283
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
21 minutes ago, Root283 said:

Thanks for responding! Sorry for not choosing the right section for my question I didnt notice laptops and pre built systems 😅

Gaming, watching movies and school work

Its fine for those. You could do some light video editing, streaming and such too.

Overall pretty good but I do notice some black pixels appearing and dissapearing from time

to time

That could be pretty much anything. Display, cable or GPU issue. If you want to recheck, run some GPU benchmarks and try to see if they appear when GPU is under heavy loads.

1.6k euros

Bit overpriced if it was just this tower. The company selling this is probably small and can't get good pricing, or they are bit lost on how to match stuff. Looking at one or our main retailers, you can get about same for the price, but with smarter mobo choices (Asus Z series for unlocked CPU).

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to PC building and PC related stuff in general. 

Anyways, lately I've been wondering, is my prebuilt really that good? I've had it for a little over one year now and boy oh boy does it like to randomly crash every now and then when I shut it down.

Here are the specs (I don't know most of them because some of the parts like the cpu cooler have no branding on it):

- Motherboard: MSI MAG B460 TOMAHAWK

- Ram: some green bars 2x8gb 2667 MHz (no clue what the brand is)

- CPU: Intel Core i5 10600k

- GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO

- PSU: according to the vendor its either 550 or 600

- Case: Cooler Master MB511 ARGB (prebuild came with no exhaust fan)

- SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Thanks for reading!

Your ram, Motherboard and psu are all questionable.

Where did this prebuilt come from? 

2 hours ago, Heliian said:

Your ram, Motherboard and psu are all questionable.

Where did this prebuilt come from? 

I got it from some nearby place that bought it from "dealershop" 

Should I be worried about something ”blowing up” because of the psu, ram and motherboard?

-> Laptops and Pre-Build Systems

Your question is bit open ended. Just specs don't tell anything about if PC is good or not. What are you using it for? What kind of performance are you getting? What did you pay for it?

RAM is most likely fine, probably either Kingston or Crucial value series (no heatsinks, but otherwise same stuff as what is under heatsinks). PSU is always bit iffy with pre-builds, but should be fine unless you are looking to upgrade. Same with motherboard, but with added overclocking scare. Though, its Intel board for locked CPUs with unlocked CPU in it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for responding! Sorry for not choosing the right section for my question I didnt notice laptops and pre built systems 😅

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What are you using it for?

What kind of performance are you getting?

Overall pretty good but I do notice some black pixels appearing and dissapearing from time to time

What did you pay for it?

1.6k euros

Its fine for those. You could do some light video editing, streaming and such too.

Overall pretty good but I do notice some black pixels appearing and dissapearing from time

to time

That could be pretty much anything. Display, cable or GPU issue. If you want to recheck, run some GPU benchmarks and try to see if they appear when GPU is under heavy loads.

1.6k euros

Bit overpriced if it was just this tower. The company selling this is probably small and can't get good pricing, or they are bit lost on how to match stuff. Looking at one or our main retailers, you can get about same for the price, but with smarter mobo choices (Asus Z series for unlocked CPU).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'll try doing that, any benchmarks you would recommend?

Just now, Root283 said:

I'll try doing that, any benchmarks you would recommend?

Unigine Heaven, Valley and Superposition are best for GPUs. 3DMarks stuff is industry standard for overall. It also gives you score you can compare with similar systems to see whether its close what average is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Unigine Heaven, Valley and Superposition are best for GPUs. 3DMarks stuff is industry standard for overall. It also gives you score you can compare with similar systems to see whether its close what average is.

Thanks!! I'll try them whenever I can! Tysm for helping me :D

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out it was something related to a driver, I reinstalled it and it fixed itself!