idle mining

ok, not to brag (i overpayed for it by about 300 dollars), i have an rtx 3080ti in my system, now to make back the money i lost to the scalper, i want to use my gpu to mine idly in the background while it is not being used, can someone pls recommend the best software to do this and where i can get it?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

You have to consider electricity costs as well. Its honestly not a great idea to mine on a card you are going to actively use and if its just background mining its literally going to take you years before you reach anysort of value.

Get a miner and turn it on/off yourself, or get something like NiceHash. It depends on what you are after and which coin you want to mine.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

To expand on what @tikker said - if you want simple user experience most likely NiceHash is good. If you want to maximize your own share, a better option is to mine ETH on 2miners and be paid in btc (this way is more anonymous and the BTC/NANO will arrive to your own wallet, but requires you to setup the wallet, miner & overclocks yourself). If you want to add some more utility to the 2nd setup - you can check out the CryptoCom App and their Visa offering, allowing you to mine into that wallet and convert the BTC to your local fiat on a prepaid visa (if available).