Do data transfer speed between SATA and NVME worse?

e22big

So I bought Kingston A2000 a couple of days ago - despite some warning and I tried transfer some games from my old extremely cheap SATA to this new NVME. Turn out I got data transfer speed worse on average than transferring the file between my HDD (speed drop to KB/s even, in the worse case). 

Is this normal? Not sure if my NVME is limited by the (probably DRAMless) SATA, and I didn't expect much, but at least I kinda hope it woud do better than a HDD at least...

7 minutes ago, e22big said:

DRAMless

That's at least part of the issue. Also, lots of tiny files will affect speeds too.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's at least part of the issue. Also, lots of tiny files will affect speeds too.

Yeah I guess, but didn't expect it to perform worse than HDD. I used to transfer between it and other HDD before so I kinda thought it's the HDD that drag the performance down

Just now, e22big said:

Yeah I guess, but didn't expect it to perform worse than HDD. I used to transfer between it and other HDD before so I kinda thought it's the HDD that drag the performance down

HDD will hit a plateau and stay there (when talking about transfer speeds) SSD as you know, are much faster, as long as you don't fill up the DRAM cache. Cheap drives these days are often dramless and long-term throughput will quickly drop to crap because of that lack of cache.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.