Opinions/suggestions on first build plans?

Jarco

Budget (including currency): 
Pc: 4500-5000 euro
Main monitor: Around 500 euro but flexible (this is 500 on top of the pc budget)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: satisfactory, csgo, rocket league, minecraft and more (yes i am aware this pc is going to be extremely overkill)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current part list
image.png.149a22ff1bf15423f68070a7535085f7.png
As can be seen I am not sure what case i am after yet but i am willing to spend around 175 euro on one so suggestions are welcome
Also if the 3090TI comes out this month and i have the chance to get my hands on it with in a reasonable amount of time then I am most likely going for that instead of a 3090

I am going to run 3 screens i already have a 2nd and 3rd screen but as I am coming from a laptop I am still on the search for a good main screen preferably 1440p and 144Hz or more suggestions are welcome

Z590 is not compatible with AMD, It's intel motherboard. Also, You need bigger AIO for this CPU. 360mm or 420mm. Also, I do recommend getting 12900K instead if this is gaming PC. If it's work PC than sure, 5950X will be better. 

Just now, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Z590 is not compatible with AMD, It's intel motherboard. Also, You need bigger AIO for this CPU. 360mm or 420mm. Also, I do recommend getting 12900K instead if this is gaming PC. If it's work PC than sure, 5950X will be better. 

Oh yea i am aware about the Z590 not being AM4 I forgot to update it though that was suppost to be a B550 😅

Personally I don't really wanna go with the 12900k because of the fact that you should probly switch to windows 11 if you do. (wanna delay switching to 11 as long as i reasonably can)

And thanks for the suggestion on the AIO I had no clue that that wasn't gonna cut it

21 minutes ago, Jarco said:

Oh yea i am aware about the Z590 not being AM4 I forgot to update it though that was suppost to be a B550 😅

Personally I don't really wanna go with the 12900k because of the fact that you should probly switch to windows 11 if you do. (wanna delay switching to 11 as long as i reasonably can)

And thanks for the suggestion on the AIO I had no clue that that wasn't gonna cut it

This would be my recommended build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€749.98 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion 47.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€103.85 @ Megekko) 
Motherboard: NZXT N7 B550 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€232.95 @ Azerty) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€203.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€294.95 @ Azerty) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€2500.00) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  (€145.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€189.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan MF Halo 47.2 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (€45.95 @ Megekko) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan MF Halo 47.2 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (€45.95 @ Megekko) 
Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS FI32U 31.5" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor  (€999.00 @ Megekko) 
Total: €5511.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-17 12:55 CET+0100

All I gotta say is that I am shocked at the freaking GPU price man.

Otherwise cool build, I'd personally go with more HDD, maybe 4TB, but that's because I use it for game storage and content creation stuff. Since you're using it for gaming, with some FPS games, the SSD would be nice, but for slow games like Stardew Valley in case you ever want to play it, there ya go! 😄

XD

image.png

On 1/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, Jarco said:

Budget (including currency): 
Pc: 4500-5000 euro
Main monitor: Around 500 euro but flexible (this is 500 on top of the pc budget)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: satisfactory, csgo, rocket league, minecraft and more (yes i am aware this pc is going to be extremely overkill)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current part list
image.png.149a22ff1bf15423f68070a7535085f7.png
As can be seen I am not sure what case i am after yet but i am willing to spend around 175 euro on one so suggestions are welcome
Also if the 3090TI comes out this month and i have the chance to get my hands on it with in a reasonable amount of time then I am most likely going for that instead of a 3090

I am going to run 3 screens i already have a 2nd and 3rd screen but as I am coming from a laptop I am still on the search for a good main screen preferably 1440p and 144Hz or more suggestions are welcome

I would rather you wait for the GPU shortage to be somewhat over because you will be spending 1000 euros more for a GPU that it's MSRP is around $1500ish (1300 euros) but hey if you want that PC built and ready within a few weeks, then i cannot hold you back, go for it if you need it now otherwise if i were you, i would NOT be spending 2.7k euros for a GPU. You could literally get a car with that money lol

1 hour ago, Jarco said:

Honestly if you can get yourself a Arctic LF 2 360 or a EKWB basic 360 and change the fans to Noctua 120mm fans you`ll be banging on the Cooling.
For the Ram i would specifically advice you to go with Crucial ballistix 3600 CL 16 18 18 38 wether it is the 2x16 or 2x8 times 2 i leave it up to you. I would like someone to correct me but i have the 2x16 kit (32 gigs) can i can confirm they run dual channel dual rank. (cannot confirm if it is the same with the 16 gig set.

Overall fan confing. literally go with Arctic bionix or Noctua fans, pure amazing performance > RGB.

For the case i would go with the Phanteks Enthoo pro 2 (if you have the space to place it)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rwY3cT
This PC part picker is my current rig. I used to have the Crucial ram but my friends gave me a nice surprise upgrade for my birthday.

PS: ik schreef het allemaal in het Engels omdat ik wilde dat anderen het ook zouden begrijpen

So this is purely a gaming pc ?

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

So this is purely a gaming pc ?

It's mostly a gaming pc while it will see some other loads they most likely won't be that heavy, I do code a lot so often I'll leave up all the screens I was using for coding and then go play a game for a bit because then i don't have to reopen everything. Besides coding it might see a live 3D rendering software voor designing lights at events but that's mostly a gpu bound process (The program is called Capture)

5 hours ago, Elijah Kamski said:

All I gotta say is that I am shocked at the freaking GPU price man.

Otherwise cool build, I'd personally go with more HDD, maybe 4TB, but that's because I use it for game storage and content creation stuff. Since you're using it for gaming, with some FPS games, the SSD would be nice, but for slow games like Stardew Valley in case you ever want to play it, there ya go! 😄

XD

image.png

I currently have a 512gb nvme and 1TB hdd the nvme i keep filling up the hdd has never been too close to full so for my needs the amount of storage in there is most likely more than enough

5 hours ago, Makaroni said:

Honestly if you can get yourself a Arctic LF 2 360 or a EKWB basic 360 and change the fans to Noctua 120mm fans you`ll be banging on the Cooling.
For the Ram i would specifically advice you to go with Crucial ballistix 3600 CL 16 18 18 38 wether it is the 2x16 or 2x8 times 2 i leave it up to you. I would like someone to correct me but i have the 2x16 kit (32 gigs) can i can confirm they run dual channel dual rank. (cannot confirm if it is the same with the 16 gig set.

Overall fan confing. literally go with Arctic bionix or Noctua fans, pure amazing performance > RGB.

For the case i would go with the Phanteks Enthoo pro 2 (if you have the space to place it)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rwY3cT
This PC part picker is my current rig. I used to have the Crucial ram but my friends gave me a nice surprise upgrade for my birthday.

PS: ik schreef het allemaal in het Engels omdat ik wilde dat anderen het ook zouden begrijpen

May i ask what is the reason for the dual 980 pro nvme's in your current rig. Is it so you can have the os on a seperate one?
I've seen / heared that can gain you quite a bit of performance but i was kinda skeptical about it

5 hours ago, AleksiDj73 said:

I would rather you wait for the GPU shortage to be somewhat over because you will be spending 1000 euros mroe for a GPU that it's MSRP is around $1500ish (1300 euros) but hey if you want that PC built and ready within a few weeks, then i cannot hold you back, go for it if you need it now otherwise if i were you, i would NOT be spending 2.7k euros for a GPU. You could literally get a car with that money lol

I am aware it's a hella lot of money for the gpu but i've already been waiting for over 1 year or so for prices to drop so at this point i am kind of just over it and want to buy the pc once i've collected the final bits of money. At this point i'd rather work a bit more than wait another 0,5-1 year

6 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

This would be my recommended build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€749.98 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion 47.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€103.85 @ Megekko) 
Motherboard: NZXT N7 B550 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€232.95 @ Azerty) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€203.85 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€294.95 @ Azerty) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€2500.00) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  (€145.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€189.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS FI32U 31.5" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor  (€999.00 @ Megekko) 
Total: €5511.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-17 12:55 CET+0100

Thanks for the list i've taken a close look at it and will probly adapt a few things about the list i have, also the monitor looks pretty good but i am not sure I'd if 4k is going to be nice for when you switch windows between 2 screens as i've heared it's already kinda annoying with 1440p and whats the reason for the change of the nvme?

And small note I'd like to buy probly everypart of the pc it self at azerty for a few reasons.

11 minutes ago, Jarco said:

Thanks for the list i've taken a close look at it and will probly adapt a few things about the list i have, also the monitor looks pretty good but i am not sure I'd if 4k is going to be nice for when you switch windows between 2 screens as i've heared it's already kinda annoying with 1440p and whats the reason for the change of the nvme?

And small note I'd like to buy probly everypart of the pc it self at azerty for a few reasons.

Monitor u can do more research about and decide by yourself, It's what I personally would chose if I were building it for me. 

SSD change, Because it's cheaper, But same quality/performance. 

And I don't really know shops there, It's just PCPartPicker. 

26 minutes ago, Jarco said:

I am aware it's a hella lot of money for the gpu but i've already been waiting for over 1 year or so for prices to drop so at this point i am kind of just over it and want to buy the pc once i've collected the final bits of money. At this point i'd rather work a bit more than wait another 0,5-1 year

OK bud i understand, if you've been waiting for such a long time then go for it, buy that GPU if you got no issues about money BUT take a good f***ing care of it cuz you will pay a fortune for that😂

2 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

OK bud i understand, if you've been waiting for such a long time then go for it, buy that GPU if you got no issues about money BUT take a good f***ing care of it cuz you will pay a fortune for that😂

Oh trust me I'll take good care of it once it's in my hands hahaha

29 minutes ago, Jarco said:

Oh trust me I'll take good care of it once it's in my hands hahaha

I hope you do so! Paying 2.7k is not a joke😂

4 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

I hope you do so! Paying 2.7k is not a joke😂

yea it's sad but hey rather have the 2,7k go to a store than a scalper 🤣 (although both suck tbh)

29 minutes ago, Jarco said:

yea it's sad but hey rather have the 2,7k go to a store than a scalper 🤣 (although both suck tbh)

True both suck but hey, you will at least be 100% sure that the card you buy will work because you will buy the card in person and not from the internet so you're all good

1 hour ago, AleksiDj73 said:

True both suck but hey, you will at least be 100% sure that the card you buy will work because you will buy the card in person and not from the internet so you're all good

Well i will be buying it online but the store is a 30min drive so i feel pretty good about it and I'll probably pick everything up my self to prevent shipping damages.

It's also a really big store with >6500 reviews on trustpilot  

18 minutes ago, Jarco said:

Well i will be buying it online but the store is a 30min drive so i feel pretty good about it and I'll probably pick everything up my self to prevent shipping damages.

It's also a really big store with >6500 reviews on trustpilot  

30 min drive for a 2.7k euros GPU is worth.

And having around 6.5k reviews is very good ngl

3 hours ago, AleksiDj73 said:

30 min drive for a 2.7k euros GPU is worth.

And having around 6.5k reviews is very good ngl

It gets even better my parents and their it guy have both already used the company and had no bad experiences 😜

Sorry for the late response.

Honestly its something i`ve done. it has something specifically to do with the ram cache on the SSD itself.

To make it clear. the point is once the OS SSD gets quite full the benefit when having be on its own is when it has to access its own files and does not need to share with other stuff.

While personally i have not tested it for gaming. when i do data management especially in SQL having the program on the OS and the data on seperate SSDs does give me some benefits. (thought i rarely have to bring work home).

Another reason why i am running gen 4 ssds is direct storage. While it was a windows 11 exclusive they said that Windows 10 version 1909 and above will support Direct Storage.
DS will actually be on a DX12 API and is currently available to developers. People with Windows 10 enterprise like me will probably get it this year at some point. AGAIN it is a API from DX12U compatible GPUs like the rtx 30 series. its not something you enable or disable.

Direct Storage requires 1 TB or greater NVMe SSD to store and run games and the SSD must use the Standard NVM Express Controller.

for the 4k and 1080p monitor i personally use a 1440p VA display (did some color calibration with a special device from a friend) and a 1080p 75hz display which is mostly used for review of data and Netflix/discord/ or other apps that i use. the difference was notable at first but i got used to it extremely quickly. can`t vouch for 4k to 1080p but it should be the same.

for the case (phanteks enthoo pro 2) i recommended www.megekko.nl has the case for 168 EUR (I think) (if you ever need to put hard drives or put a a 2nd mini streaming system in the case THIS is the case for you.

Why that AIO. because i am familiar with their even CPU pressure mounting system which for people who make high end builds is extremely important and according to gamers nexus the amount of thermal paste that has to fill micro holes is <10 NMM which is also very good. (i bought it from EKWBs website)

Noctua NF-A14 PWM 3x for front mounted intake.
Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 3x for top exhaust and you`re good to go ( all connected to a basic pwn fan controller) (i literally dont care about RGB so i went with the best in class fans which are also extremely silent)

Why i chose the 980 pro SSDs? because at the time of purchase they were the cheapest.

11 hours ago, Jarco said:

It gets even better my parents and their it guy have both already used the company and had no bad experiences 😜

That's perfect bud, happy to hear it! Well then, good luck with your PC, take good care of it and well, smash your time into games lol, you'll freaking enjoy it

6 hours ago, Makaroni said:

Sorry for the late response.

Honestly its something i`ve done. it has something specifically to do with the ram cache on the SSD itself.

To make it clear. the point is once the OS SSD gets quite full the benefit when having be on its own is when it has to access its own files and does not need to share with other stuff.

While personally i have not tested it for gaming. when i do data management especially in SQL having the program on the OS and the data on seperate SSDs does give me some benefits. (thought i rarely have to bring work home).

Another reason why i am running gen 4 ssds is direct storage. While it was a windows 11 exclusive they said that Windows 10 version 1909 and above will support Direct Storage.
DS will actually be on a DX12 API and is currently available to developers. People with Windows 10 enterprise like me will probably get it this year at some point. AGAIN it is a API from DX12U compatible GPUs like the rtx 30 series. its not something you enable or disable.

Direct Storage requires 1 TB or greater NVMe SSD to store and run games and the SSD must use the Standard NVM Express Controller.

for the 4k and 1080p monitor i personally use a 1440p VA display (did some color calibration with a special device from a friend) and a 1080p 75hz display which is mostly used for review of data and Netflix/discord/ or other apps that i use. the difference was notable at first but i got used to it extremely quickly. can`t vouch for 4k to 1080p but it should be the same.

for the case (phanteks enthoo pro 2) i recommended www.megekko.nl has the case for 168 EUR (I think) (if you ever need to put hard drives or put a a 2nd mini streaming system in the case THIS is the case for you.

Why that AIO. because i am familiar with their even CPU pressure mounting system which for people who make high end builds is extremely important and according to gamers nexus the amount of thermal paste that has to fill micro holes is <10 NMM which is also very good. (i bought it from EKWBs website)

Noctua NF-A14 PWM 3x for front mounted intake.
Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 3x for top exhaust and you`re good to go ( all connected to a basic pwn fan controller) (i literally dont care about RGB so i went with the best in class fans which are also extremely silent)

Why i chose the 980 pro SSDs? because at the time of purchase they were the cheapest.

Thanks for your reply, and I think ima just stick with 1 nvme as the gains are probly not too big in my case and when needed i can always easily add a extra one later 🙂

And as the nvme is 2tb i don't expect to fill it fast at all