Telus Optik TV Issue

Justin6o4

Hello!

Hoping to get some help resolving an annoying issue!

I use 2 Asus routers in AiMesh for my wired / wireless home network and recently switched over to Telus for fiber optic TV & Internet.

Problem being when I try to hardwire the Telus Optik TV boxes through my network = TV boxes dont work.  ie.  Fiber connection > Telus modem/router > (bridge mode selected) into main Asus router > hardwired to Telus box

When I hardwire from Telus modem/router to the TV box it is no issue, or wireless from the Telus modem/router to the TV boxes is no issue.  But id rather not have the Telus wireless network broadcasting just to serve the TV boxes since I use the switching in my house to serve the network from my Asus routers.

Sorry if any part of this is unclear, or let me know what else I can provide here to help troubleshoot!

Thanks for any help!

Justin

Im' guessing the TVs don't work "over the internet", but over a seperate TV port on the Telus router?

If it is like Bell Fibe TV in Ontario they use a separate vlan for TV at the router to separate TV traffic from internet traffic.

It sounds like you are trying to daisy chain the box through the router. The coax on the router is one way, unfortunately. You would need to do 

Telus modem

|

Coax splitter

|

Asus router(s)-|-telus tvbox

(If it works like Verizon FiOS)

The goal is to hardwire the boxes from my house network setup through the asus routers and not have 2 wireless networks going at the same time.  Any ideas?