My RTX 2060 Windforce having bad temps.

TurkishBTW
Go to solution Solved by Queen Chrysalis,

Those tempos are fine.  That is normal.  GPUs are made to run at anywhere from 95c-110c under stress.  The card also has a built in protocol to turn off before it gets hot enough that the engineers would have been concerned about heat damage.  There is no risk to your hardware at these temps, this is literally how it was designed to run.  If you are worried about long-term silicon degradation, don't be.  This card will be way past obsolete by the time that would happen its not even worth an afterthought, if it were to even happen at all (it almost certainly won't and were talking 10+ years).  You'll drive yourself mad obsessing over this, just enjoy your games.

IMG_3253.thumb.JPG.647204b66052d68b0cc3ba73ac0f8dbd.JPGHello i'm new to this website but a big fan of Linus so sorry for anything i dont fol. So basically i undervolted my gpu because its been getting to about 83 cel while playing let me just state that im not happy with that temp. I undervolted but still gaming at 80cel and so on. Personally i dont think its an okay temp to game at. So i need a little help. Any suggestions for cooling that wont involve sacrificing performance. i would like to get my gpu  to atleast like 75 -70 while gaming. The things i would like some help on is fan curves general tips for airflow and things i probably wouldnt know. I have an M atx case with like atleast 2 inches of room under the gpu. also i would not like any suggestions that cost money. Feeling the top of my gpu it gets pretty hot. Thanks.

Could you provide a better lit photo? Also what’s the name of the case and how much of a difference is removing the side panel making when it comes to temps?

46 minutes ago, TurkishBTW said:

The things i would like some help on is fan curves general tips for airflow and things i probably wouldnt know. I have an M atx case with like atleast 2 inches of room under the gpu. also i would not like any suggestions that cost money. Feeling the top of my gpu it gets pretty hot. Thanks.

you generally get what you pay for. do temps get to 75c or less if they are running the fans at 100%? if not, a curve won't help too much. are there front fans? if so, intake? or exhaust? try running with the side panel off, see if temps improve. what card is it, and how old? it might benefit from new thermal paste/pads.

The Windforce is just a bad cooler, not much you can do unless you want to significantly limit the performance. But temps in the low 80s are still perfectly fine, you're not going to kill the card at that temp.

5 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

you generally get what you pay for. do temps get to 75c or less if they are running the fans at 100%? if not, a curve won't help too much. are there front fans? if so, intake? or exhaust? try running with the side panel off, see if temps improve. what card is it, and how old? it might benefit from new thermal paste/pads.

Temps still remain high with 100% speed yes there are front fans that barely get air because its a glass panel so i have the top as intake too  the card is a rev 2.0 and its only like 40 days old

5 hours ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

Could you provide a better lit photo? Also what’s the name of the case and how much of a difference is removing the side panel making when it comes to temps?

OEM case planning on try

ing without the side panel right now I will get the pictures in a second

IMG_3253.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

it had a 2 cel difference But it made an annoying stinging sound and i think it was because i was capped at 120fps but im at 60hz is this so?

5 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

it had a 2 cel difference But it made an annoying stinging sound and i think it was because i was capped at 120fps but im at 60hz is this so?

Those tempos are fine.  That is normal.  GPUs are made to run at anywhere from 95c-110c under stress.  The card also has a built in protocol to turn off before it gets hot enough that the engineers would have been concerned about heat damage.  There is no risk to your hardware at these temps, this is literally how it was designed to run.  If you are worried about long-term silicon degradation, don't be.  This card will be way past obsolete by the time that would happen its not even worth an afterthought, if it were to even happen at all (it almost certainly won't and were talking 10+ years).  You'll drive yourself mad obsessing over this, just enjoy your games.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

3 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

thank you ((: sorry i just have bad anxiety.

4 minutes ago, TurkishBTW said:

thank you ((: sorry i just have bad anxiety.

No worries, dog.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

If the temps don’t go down all to much with the side panel open, it means you don’t have an airflow problem within the case, so that’s good. 

Due to the PSU shroud, you can’t easily improve airflow to the card. 

What does your fan curve currently look like? 80•c is not a Problem for the card, won’t do any harm… but it probably won’t boost as high as it could at lower temperatures. 

14 hours ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

If the temps don’t go down all to much with the side panel open, it means you don’t have an airflow problem within the case, so that’s good. 

Due to the PSU shroud, you can’t easily improve airflow to the card. 

What does your fan curve currently look like? 80•c is not a Problem for the card, won’t do any harm… but it probably won’t boost as high as it could at lower temperatures. 

it only goes down like 2cel i havent put a curve yet because im unsure on whats good