1080Ti KINGPIN issue

Shiroyasha...

Hello guys. I have a 1080Ti KINGPIN card which is doesnt work correctly. The problem is, if some games (not all) for example Black Desert and HUNT:Showdown goes above 60 fps the card got black screen and fans ramp up to very high RPM. But if i forced those game to stay under 60 fps the cards does not hqve any issue.

At the same time CS:GO and R6 Siege can run up to 200-300 fps.

So in the end, whats wrong with my gpu?

27 minutes ago, Shiroyasha... said:

Hello guys. I have a 1080Ti KINGPIN card which is doesnt work correctly. The problem is, if some games (not all) for example Black Desert and HUNT:Showdown goes above 60 fps the card got black screen and fans ramp up to very high RPM. But if i forced those game to stay under 60 fps the cards does not hqve any issue.

At the same time CS:GO and R6 Siege can run up to 200-300 fps.

So in the end, whats wrong with my gpu?

There must be something different about those games from the others.  The question is what?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

53 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There must be something different about those games from the others.  The question is what?

The problem is my 6900xt does not do this  issue.

2 hours ago, Shiroyasha... said:

The problem is my 6900xt does not do this  issue.

So the issue is this happens with one gpu but not the other.  They have different drivers as one is Nvidia and the other is AMD.  The Nvidia card is a lot older.  I wonder if those games attempt to use a system the 1080ti doesn’t have.  The games that do work are new versions of old games, whereas the others afaik aren’t.  The question still seems to be what is difference between the ones that do work and the ones that have a problem.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Because with my friend 1060 6G card can run those games without any issue. The problem is it freeze when some games can run above 60fps. We tested that card with his system also and that issue came again at him.

4 minutes ago, Shiroyasha... said:

Because with my friend 1060 6G card can run those games without any issue. The problem is it freeze when some games can run above 60fps. We tested that card with his system also and that issue came again at him.

So the system has been tested with a different gpu and the GPU has been tested with a different system. Points straight at GPU. The problem is that if it were a functionality issue, it would happen in everything but it doesn’t. So it has to be the difference between the games that do and don’t have a problem to point to the issue. 

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So the system has been tested with a different gpu and the GPU has been tested with a different system. Points straight at GPU. The problem is that if it were a functionality issue, it would happen in everything but it doesn’t. So it has to be the difference between the games that do and don’t have a problem to point to the issue. 

have to tried older drivers? 

30 minutes ago, Robchil said:

have to tried older drivers? 

That would be one possiblity.  A driver that had stuff for some games but not others. 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

That would be one possiblity.  A driver that had stuff for some games but not others. 

more specialized stuff for the kinpin card, but it's still supported and should not be an issue. 

try to reinstall DX11 yet?