Need A Hand Finding A New Monitor

Packhunter

From what I can determine, my monitor while not dead isn't playing nice with my video card. It dies when playing high end games.

I am on the market for a new one.

Total space available is 23 3/4ths of an inch, by 18 3/4ths of an inch.

The only brand I won't touch is Samsung, recent events have lead me to swear them off.

42 minutes ago, Packhunter said:

From what I can determine, my monitor while not dead isn't playing nice with my video card. It dies when playing high end games.

I am on the market for a new one.

Total space available is 23 3/4ths of an inch, by 18 3/4ths of an inch.

The only brand I won't touch is Samsung, recent events have lead me to swear them off.

That may be harder than you think.  There are a lot more monitor makers than there are panel makers.  Samsung is one of only a few companies that actually make panels.  The result is you could get a monitor by another maker that still has a Samsung panel in it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Samsung has a commanding presence in panel manufacturing.

You're stuck with a 27" max size, 16:9 though.  I cannot fathom how much that must suck to have as a "max".

On 1/15/2022 at 7:12 PM, Bombastinator said:

That may be harder than you think.  There are a lot more monitor makers than there are panel makers.  Samsung is one of only a few companies that actually make panels.  The result is you could get a monitor by another maker that still has a Samsung panel in it.

Pretty much any IPS or TN monitor will guarantee not having a Samsung panel. These are mostly by LG, Innolux and AUO with a few other smaller manufacturers like Panda.

Samsung is mostly just VA. Their PLS (IPS) technology is quite rare nowadays.

There are plenty of options. Unless we have a specific budget to work with we can't really recommend something.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.