Most memorable decade+ old PC games thread (screenshots and/or videos required, OP is a long post)

Askew

OK we are going to take a step down PC gaming memory lane, this is for PC games that were released before or on the year 2004, it doesn't matter if they were also released on console. You post the name of the game, the year it came out, and tell us a bit about it and show us some videos or screenshots!

I will start with some games I played at around the age of 10, all of them are from the tail end of the 90s and the first 2 are from the Pro Pinball series, I still play both of them occasionally and the sounds and music from them is lodged in my head for all time and beyond. I have gotten scores in the hundreds of millions+ on both.

All the titles link to the games' Wikipedia pages available!

pinshad1.jpg

Big Race USA (1998)

Pro_Pinball,_Big_Race_USA.jpg

This game is my no1 most remembered game from my childhood simply because of the music and the sounds, it ties with the game after it.

The music/sounds/effects/Voices and physics in this game are still better than 9/10 newer sims and it runs fine on my W7 machine with no issues from the same CD I put into my Pentium III machine in 1998.

The juddery ball is this guy's framerate, the game's ball is butter smooth and feels real.

This guy likes it so much he has created a virtual table, if you look closely you can see it's a screen that he has inserted into a cabinet, the game allows for all kinds of viewing angles and setups natively.

The game is available on GOG here

Fantastic Journey (1999)

6186CKY3G7L.jpg

This game is basically the same to me as Big Race, it's the better game of the two but I just preferred Big Race because of the sounds, (don't forget I was 10)

The game is available on GOG here

Nerf Arenablast (1999)
619DDNNHQWL._SY300_.jpg

This was a first person shooter build on the Unreal 1 engine, it was all neon coloured and invovled UT style arena matches but with NERF guns. A lot of fun for a 10 year old indeed it was, played this game a lot, and believe it or not it was the first arena shooter I had played!

This is a pretty obscure title, and although I still have the original CD-ROM I haven't seen it available digitally anywhere.

Supreme Snowboarding (1999)

_-Supreme-Snowboarding-PC-_.jpg

This was the very first sports game I got, it was not the greatest game in terms of quality but I enjoyed it enough, it was the SSX of 1999 ;)

I spent many hours gliding down the mountains trying to do jumps and beat the record times.

Rollcage (1999)

_-Rollcage-PC-_.jpg

This was my first racing game, it came out for the PSX and for PC, I had the PC version and I've got to be honest this game was freaking awesome, you could drive on the walls and cielings of tunnels if you had enough speed, there were mari-kart esque pickups that give weapons and powerups, the AI was pretty good, it was a full on battle racing experience and a great game of it's time overall, one of my all time favourites.

Age of Empires (1997)

bigcover.jpg

This one was the daddy, I was so addicted to this game, the whole base building idea and RTS being new to me was a phenominal discovery. I spent literally hundreds of hours playing this, and again with AOE II.

Timeless classic.

I hope you enjoyed this post and that we can have a good thread here, OP did take a while to make because I had to watch many many youtube clips to find ones that weren't garbage or had someone speaking over them. ;)

I have deliberately left out a few obvious titles so that other users can post them with their comments.