Blotches of discolouration on my monitor.

MagpieMate

I’m having an issue when on some dark backgrounds, especially Netflix shows and YouTube, patches of discolouration appear around my display.

I have an example of the issue attached.

6CCFFB27-DB6F-441F-9C29-38946B1EDEE0.thumb.jpeg.c1f481960fdc624cf37d3bd9000c7065.jpegAnyone know what this is and how to fix?

If you have the brightness or another setting like contrast cranked it can cause that kind of issue when you're watching streamed video, from the compression artifacts.

It's also worth checking in your display/driver settings that you are avoiding display stream compression if you've got the chance.

Last time I ran across something like that is was because the user had placed something heavy on the screen or closed the screen with something between the screen and the keyboard.  Of course this was on a notebook/laptop.  Maybe something on this websearch could help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=screen+resolution+fix+software&oq=screen+fix+soft&aqs=chrome.4.0i512j69i57j0i22i30l6.18468j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Good Luck.

5 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

If you have the brightness or another setting like contrast cranked it can cause that kind of issue when you're watching streamed video, from the compression artifacts.

It's also worth checking in your display/driver settings that you are avoiding display stream compression if you've got the chance.

Ah, that worked. It appears I somehow cranked the brightness up in Nvidia Control Panel and after reverting to default, the issue has disappeared. Cheers mate.