Can you drive triple heads flight sim with mutiple combination non RTX level graphics card.

rsm98

Hello, I am really interested in this since I a building a 3 monitor flight sim ( as well as also racer/space sim ) dedicated pod. And for that purpose I have bought 3 LG-32GK650F-B 32" QHD monitors.

How ever I am not sure if I will be able to drive them at the full range as I do not have one of the unoptanium $$$ RTX 30xx or 20xx series card. I would love to get a RTX 3090 or similar card, but am not willing to pay ridiculess money for it, or any of the over-priced nVidia board. I currently owned a RTX 1070, RTX 1650 Super, RTX 1050, and many other older cards, as I am trying to keep as low budget as possible. This include having made my own frame from recycle exercise equipment parts.

My question/cool idea for a video would be. Is there a (affordable PC MB dual/triple PCI board with more down do earth multiple combination lower end graphics card that I could setup to drive 3 monitors for a flight sims ( MS flight simulator, FlightGear, ... as well as racer games or even flight sim space games ).

I know about VR, but I decided to go triple head monitor for this application, as in Covid time it might be cool to fly around with others in the cockpit ( my kids ) to enjoy a virtual vacations.

Also, I know my monitors can be driven at higher resolution but I would welcome even 1080P per monitor for now with an upgrade path to single graphics card once they become affordable again ( for gamers ).

A video DYI/testing with a mind towards affordable ( for a gamer ) or even any links to tables for tried hardware combination would be awsome.

It sounds like you're asking if you can use all of the different cards you currently have in conjunction to run your sim games on a multi monitor setup.

The answer is no.

There used to be ways to utilize two or more of the same model of graphics card together to drive games - SLI was the Nvidia version, Crossfire was AMD's  - but it always had serious limitations and support for it in modern games is basically non-existent.

"All our powers combined" with GPU's that were different models, as you're suggesting, is something that's never been possible, apart from some homebrew applications for older cards that were never useful as more than a curiosity. DirectX 12 theoretically allowed something like this, but it put all of the burden on game developers to code their games to take advantage of it, and since the percentage of players who would have actually used the feature was so tiny, no developer has ever bothered. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

No what you are asking can't be done. I mean yes you can use SLI on older cards to run multi monitors but let's not even get into that.

You just need to get the fastest single GPU you can find. Triple 1080 should be possible with even mid range cards. You don't need super high frame rates for a flight sim.

Even one of those cards you already own might be adequate.

Bummer, but worth a shot. The best card I have for now is a RTX 1070 ( I think Super ), so will be testing with this. And hope prices for GPU RTX 30xx will drop when the new RTX 40xx come out. Thx for the info.