Xbox 360, bought 3 of them, now what?

ShayOh

TL;DR - Isn't it a shame to sell an Xbox 360 for $30?

Hi guys, so this post has no real purpose but to know if others feel like me about this:
So i've been buying (soft modding) and selling gaming consoles since about 2010.

Recently i've noticed a huge jump in demand for Xbox 360's in my area and on eBay, where listing has been SOLD for $80.

I sold my xbox 360 with no controller or games for $40. i felt like it was a good deal in comparison to what it would end up being after fees on eBay with the controller.

since then i sold a few more consoles and ended up buying 3 xbox 360's two of them for fairly cheap with about 25 games, some are good (GTA V, some high demand sports games, and more) for $80.

now i cant seem to sell the console locally, even for $50 with a controller. and thought of dropping the price but it feels just wrong. for a console that can also be used as a DVD or streaming device.

26 minutes ago, ShayOh said:

now i cant seem to sell the console locally, even for $50 with a controller. and thought of dropping the price but it feels just wrong. for a console that can also be used as a DVD or streaming device.

You can buy a DVD player or streaming device for less than that.

I wouldn't expect much of a market for old Xbox since the new ones have Backwards Compatibility.

I'm actually tempted to buy a PS3 for all my old game discs but I know it would be a waste of time and money since I would never play them again.

13 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

I wouldn't expect much of a market for old Xbox since the new ones have Backwards Compatibility.

Except they aren't really. They play a very small portion of the 360 library. There are a many games now that the only way to play them is the 360. 

I have many games that are no longer available any where that I had to buy physical copies for the 360 as that was the only way to play them. (In fairness some of these games were released on other consoles, but still you would have to buy a physical copy for a console of that era)