Is a Asus Tuf gtx 1650 compatible with a ASRock 960gm-gs3 fx motherboard.

I am tryin to put together one of my old computers so my nephew can play modded Minecraft and other steam games on it but the only graphics card i could find at the time was a gtx 1650 which doesnt seem to work with the motherboard i have, to my understanding all pcie graphics cards and slots are backwards compatible but i cant find the card in the device manager, cant install drivers as the computer doesnt seem to see the card at all i have checked some of the bios options and nuthing sticks out as out of place to me, i have checked the pcie slot still works by pluging in very old but still somewhat working card and it seemed to see the card just fine and work as expected so what am i missing? 

PC hardware

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: 960gm-gs3 FX (bios Version P1.30)

Ram Corsair Vengeance (2x8gb 1333 or 1800mhz I think)

Graphics card: Asus TUF GTX 1650

PSU: corsair cx550

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

It's not the pcie slot. It's the legacy bios. Some cars just don't like legacy bios

Im Assuming there is no solution to this problem other then replacing the motherboard with one that has a uefi bios then? and if that's the case i need to find a mobo with a uefi bios that will work with the hardware i already have if possible, any suggestion for mobo's that meet the requirements is greatly appreciated! as well as the info and help so far.