need help with prebuilt pc

Atishay
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
46 minutes ago, Atishay said:

Q1. Do prebuilt pc last for as long time as building yourself considering that they use poor quality of motheboard and psu ?
Q2. Pls suggest some good software(free) to test if it is being thermal throttled , and other things to consider while buying prebuilt pc

Q1

Depends on the manufacturer but they generally suck ass, quality and/or value. Some have really good quality but stupidly overpriced pcs, some have really good value but terribly built pcs, some have both good value and quality

Q2

Personally ive used throttlestop for that, you can pretty much yeet power and current limits out the window by playing around in the tpl menu. Though for a proper monitoring program then id suggest hwinfo64 cause tons of sensor data. For a stress test program ive personally used furmark and prime95 though im still on 775 so these programs are well suited for me, for newer systems i think furmark is too stressful and can actually burn some gpus, replace with a benchmark tool like heaven benchmark or superposition. And prime95 could be considered a "power virus" so the cpu might throttle itself anyways, idk what to replace it with since cb isnt a rock solid stability indicator

If youd like a best of both worlds build where you can choose the components without overpaying for them and actually choose the entire build and not just a few things w free choice of parts and also not wanting to be inconvenienced by building it yourself then id suggest buying all of the parts yourself and have someone build it for you

Q1. Do prebuilt pc last for as long time as building yourself considering that they use poor quality of motheboard and psu ?
Q2. Pls suggest some good software(free) to test if it is being thermal throttled , and other things to consider while buying prebuilt pc

10 minutes ago, Atishay said:

They will last as long as self-built ones. They are usually not that bad

11 minutes ago, Atishay said:

There are a couple options. For a stress testing software, get Cinebench R23 (available in Microsoft Store for free) and as a monitoring software you can use CoreTemp if you just want basic CPU temperature readings.

If you want some additional readings, get HWMonitor.

If you want even more detailed infos, get HWInfo. If it thermal throttles under cinebench, you might be fine in day-to-day tasks since Cinebench creates a load that only occurs very rarely while normally using it.

If it throttles hard (the power draw drops by more than 20 watts or so), I'd look into your cooling solution. Hope this could help

Q1 - Not really, well it depends on the manufacturer. Some manufacturers like to cut corners when it comes to thermal paste, or psu cables for example.

Q2 - Download a program called 'HWiNFO' and select 'sensors only'. Scroll down to the DTS section for your cpu and notice the temperatures. Anything over 80 or 90 degrees could be thermal throttling, it depends on the cpu, as of my knowledge most intel chips start thermal throttling when they get to 95 degrees I think? You can run a stress test program like 'Prime95' or 'Aida64' and then monitor the temperatures in HWiNFO to test further.

Hope this helps 🙂

One Love.

ATB☯️

46 minutes ago, Atishay said:

Q1

Depends on the manufacturer but they generally suck ass, quality and/or value. Some have really good quality but stupidly overpriced pcs, some have really good value but terribly built pcs, some have both good value and quality

Q2

Personally ive used throttlestop for that, you can pretty much yeet power and current limits out the window by playing around in the tpl menu. Though for a proper monitoring program then id suggest hwinfo64 cause tons of sensor data. For a stress test program ive personally used furmark and prime95 though im still on 775 so these programs are well suited for me, for newer systems i think furmark is too stressful and can actually burn some gpus, replace with a benchmark tool like heaven benchmark or superposition. And prime95 could be considered a "power virus" so the cpu might throttle itself anyways, idk what to replace it with since cb isnt a rock solid stability indicator

If youd like a best of both worlds build where you can choose the components without overpaying for them and actually choose the entire build and not just a few things w free choice of parts and also not wanting to be inconvenienced by building it yourself then id suggest buying all of the parts yourself and have someone build it for you

1 hour ago, TECHNO-BUNKER said:

Q1 - Not really, well it depends on the manufacturer. Some manufacturers like to cut corners when it comes to thermal paste, or psu cables for example.

Q2 - Download a program called 'HWiNFO' and select 'sensors only'. Scroll down to the DTS section for your cpu and notice the temperatures. Anything over 80 or 90 degrees could be thermal throttling, it depends on the cpu, as of my knowledge most intel chips start thermal throttling when they get to 95 degrees I think? You can run a stress test program like 'Prime95' or 'Aida64' and then monitor the temperatures in HWiNFO to test further.

Hope this helps 🙂

shall i install portable or Installer software of HWiNFO?

7 minutes ago, Atishay said:

shall i install portable or Installer software of HWiNFO?

just use the portable version and run the exe

One Love.

ATB☯️

5 hours ago, TECHNO-BUNKER said:

most intel chips start thermal throttling when they get to 95 degrees

Most desktop intel chips throttle at 100 degrees, H CPUs mostly start throttling at 95 degrees