How do I mount a 55in TV  on the wall (mount compatibility question )

I have a TCL 55-inch 55S535 TV (300mm x 200mm VESA Pattern & 32.6 lbs) that I got for Christmas, I now want to mount it, I have standard drywall and was planning to use this mount I found on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CXF452P, it says 600x400mm, does that mean it can fit smaller VESA dimentions?

Thanks.

before you start the mounting process, watch some youtube videos on mounting tv's on drywall without stud finder

or better yet dont, it will be more exciting

Dreckssackblase - sorry, I missed that, thanks.

motomat86 - I do have a stud finder and know how to use it (just enough to be dangerous).

any other pointers?

5 hours ago, Yogurt the Wiseguy said:

Dreckssackblase - sorry, I missed that, thanks.

motomat86 - I do have a stud finder and know how to use it (just enough to be dangerous).

any other pointers?

before driving in the bolts...after you find the studs take a small nail and tap it in to make sure. then take a drill and use a bit a little smaller then the bolt to drill the hole...this makes running the bolt in easier and less chance to split the 2x4 or misangle the bolt

if you got a stud finder, and the mount is rated for the correct weight and size,  all thats left i guess is to just get the view angle correct if you are mounting this somewhat high on the wall.    id also suggest installing an old work electrical outlet so you can flex that sexy cable management.  

just dont be a doofus like me and buy a sound bar that is hallowed so it looks off-center when mounting 😞  i still cant find the time to fix this 

tv.jpg

Thanks guys

motomat86 - My tv came bundled with a ALTO 6+ which is supposed to come with it's own wall mounting hardware, so I'll see how that works out after my tv mount arrives.

Thanks again.