Two graphics cards... what to do?

Jsncrso

Hello,

So I have an interesting dilemma. I have both a GTX 1080 and RTX 2060 Super and I'm not sure what the best course of action is. My gaming pc consists of an i7-7700, 24GB of RAM, and the RTX 2060 Super. I recently had to upgrade my work computer with a Quadro, and out of it came the aforementioned MSI GTX 1080. Should I sell both cards and use the money to get a 3060ti? I worry about being CPU limited as I only game at 1080p60. Would upgrading to a 144Hz monitor make it worth it?

My initial thought was to install the 1080 an an old Dell I have and run Nicehash on it, but I'd rather see a fellow gamer get one (or both) of these cards instead of feeding the mining monster.

The problem you'll find is that it may be extremely difficult to actually place an order AND actually genuinely receive a 3060Ti.

If you have the money to do so, it would be best to try and get your hands on the new card first, test it and then if you like, sell the other two - being careful with your listing on ebay and keeping strong evidence that they both work fine before sending them.

I'd add a bit to the good advice @whispous has already provided.

If you only game at 1080p60, a 3060ti will definitely be overkill. And assuming you want to use raytracing even the 2060S will be good with DLSS. But assuming you ever do get a higher res faster monitor, then the 3060ti will prove valuable to have. However, if you don't plan to upgrade your monitor and don't care about ray tracing, then the 1080 is going to do fine for a long while yet.

Mostly depends on where you see yourself in a year or two.