I log into my PC (Windows 10 Pro) and the screen turns black

BigRecoiilz

After I boot up my PC, I can log in but after about 10 seconds, the screen turns black. A few minutes ago, I saw a blue stretched screen that said Restore Windows or Restart so I just restarted. Ever since, the screen goes dark after I log in.

PC specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 UD

CPU: i7 8700K @5.0GHz all cores

GPU: ASUS DUAL AMD RX6600XT

RAM: Team T-Force 32Gb (4 x 8GB) @3000MHz

Power Supply (PSU): Corsair SF600 80+ Gold (SF because of my Lian Li PC O11D Mini Case)

Edited by BigRecoiilz
Added PC specs if it helps

My first thought is that it's a bad driver, specifically graphics. Try to get into safe mode and see if the issue persists. The easiest way I know to get into safe mode is to unplug the PC 3 times once it starts booting into Windows. It will launch startup settings, and you just have to pick "Start in safe mode" or something like that (I forget the exact language and don't feel like looking it up). If you can get into safe mode just fine, try using DDU to see if the problem can be fixed. You should run DDU in safe mode for the best experience.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

My first thought is that it's a bad driver, specifically graphics. Try to get into safe mode and see if the issue persists. The easiest way I know to get into safe mode is to unplug the PC 3 times once it starts booting into Windows. It will launch startup settings, and you just have to pick "Start in safe mode" or something like that (I forget the exact language and don't feel like looking it up). If you can get into safe mode just fine, try using DDU to see if the problem can be fixed. You should run DDU in safe mode for the best experience.

Unplug the power supply cord 3 times you're saying?

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah. You can also flip the switch on the PSU if that's easier.

Also, my boot drive is at 237 out of 238 gb. Could that be the problem too?

Just now, BigRecoiilz said:

Also, my boot drive is at 237 out of 238 gb. Could that be the problem too?

That definitely isn't helping. I don't know if it is the problem, but it's definitely something you should fix, if nothing else for the health of the drive.