Audio suspended during inactivity.

Sgt.Mak

Hey guys,

TLDR; Audio suspended when no audio played for a few seconds, boots up when playing playing media takes 2-4 seconds.

So I recently booted up my omen laptop and I have been experiencing this weird issue.

My audio (drivers I think) get suspended after a few seconds if I don't have an audio source playing on the laptop.

When I hit play on any media with sound, it takes around 3 seconds for the audio to boot up.

I should be able to fix it with some troubleshooting but I cba. Not that serious of an issue.

Still I'd like to know what changed over the time I hadn't used the laptop over a year for this issue to arise.

Happy holidays,

- Mak

image.png.8c5a2e332b76144c658a731cb7dad9db.png

46 minutes ago, Sgt.Mak said:

Hey guys,

TLDR; Audio suspended when no audio played for a few seconds, boots up when playing playing media takes 2-4 seconds.

So I recently booted up my omen laptop and I have been experiencing this weird issue.

My audio (drivers I think) get suspended after a few seconds if I don't have an audio source playing on the laptop.

When I hit play on any media with sound, it takes around 3 seconds for the audio to boot up.

I should be able to fix it with some troubleshooting but I cba. Not that serious of an issue.

Still I'd like to know what changed over the time I hadn't used the laptop over a year for this issue to arise.

Happy holidays,

- Mak

image.png.8c5a2e332b76144c658a731cb7dad9db.png

To throw stuff at the wall, Could be a windows update thing.  Your bios might be old now if you haven’t updated it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.