Hi,

I have no experience building pc's, especially not during a crazy shortage and absence prices.
I am assembling a gaming/work pc for cousin. I've decided to go with this build : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KykkkX (Not really looking for a gpu upgrade atm (maybe except for a 2060), but comments/tips as for anything else are more than welcome).

The case I'll be getting is an Antec Nx210 ( which for some reason doesn't exist on pc part picker). Besides those parts they also have an hdd (500 GB, don't know what brand, model, etc).
I decided to use the Transcend ssd for the OS and use the sata3 2.5 WD blue for his games/programs but since they don't offer much storage I was wandering whether will my motherboard decision back fire at me or not - would I be able to add another ssd m.2 if need be? I saw on the motherboards website they mentioned something about the sata's becoming disabled if 2 M.2 are being used. Am I misunderstanding something?

thanks in advance,
Any help is appreciated.

11 minutes ago, iGotNothing said:

I saw on the motherboards website they mentioned something about the sata's becoming disabled if 2 M.2 are being used. Am I misunderstanding something?

I haven't seen anything about that.

Asus states on the website that the speeds you'll be able to reach with the second M.2 slot will be slower than the first, I don't see why using both would limit you to only those two for storage.

24 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

I haven't seen anything about that.

Asus states on the website that the speeds you'll be able to reach with the second M.2 slot will be slower than the first, I don't see why using both would limit you to only those two for storage.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Firstly, I made a mistake. It's suppose to be the B560M Pro and not the K version. ( I updated the link).
Secondly, now going over it for the thousandth time I, too, see there is no such thing written there, I must've confused it with some other motherboard when I was comparing them around.

On another note, do you happen to know whether an h510m-k would better to go with? any recommendation in general? (I'd rather go for mid-tier-price stuff)

Edited by iGotNothing

2 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

GPU prices are insane... $675 for a GTX 1660S?!?

That price is a bit different for me, the list was made under the U.S version of the website though I live outside the U.S.

5 minutes ago, iGotNothing said:

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Firstly, I made a mistake. It's suppose to be the B560M Pro and not the K version. ( I updated the link).
Secondly, now going over it for the thousandth time I, too, see there is no such thing written there, I must've confused it with some other motherboard when I was comparing them around.

On another note, do you happen to know whether an h510m-k would better to go with? any recommendation in general? (I'd rather go for mid-tier-price stuff)

You can probably get away with a cheaper board but it's not really my department to advise on that I'm afraid. 

I just picked up a respectable high-mid range z490 for my 10th gen build last year and I've been happy with that. 

Look into how both boards handle cooling (heatsinks) and the headers that they provide and see which ticks more boxes. 

2 minutes ago, iGotNothing said:

That price is a bit different for me, the list was made under the U.S version of the website though I live outside the U.S.

Hope you get a better deal then. But still, prices are insane worldwide...

Just now, ErykYT3 said:

You can probably get away with a cheaper board but it's not really my department to advise on that I'm afraid. 

I just picked up a respectable high-mid range z490 for my 10th gen build last year and I've been happy with that. 

Look into how both boards handle cooling (heatsinks) and the headers that they provide and see which ticks more boxes. 

Ok. Again, thanks a lot.

7 minutes ago, asheenlevrai said:

GPU prices are insane... $675 for a GTX 1660S?!?

Yeah.. 

Seeing that as someone who has a 1650 in their 1 month old laptop that I don't even game on *ever* hurts.

I was waiting for the 30 series last year and bought a 1070 off fb marketplace as a placeholder during the couple of months before Nvidia's launch and got if for under 250 I'm assuming is what it'd be in USD.

The motherboard note concerning the second m.2 connector indicates that if one uses it for a SATA m.2 drive one of the regular SATA connectors will not work.

The i5-11400 is generally a touch less expensive.

The motherboard is mATX. It will look odd in an ATX case. Change one.

The case has a solid front. As a result it will have poor airflow. Mesh fronts are preferred these days.

One can get a good 1TB NVMe drive for the cost of the OP choices.

When a pcpartpicker build list is altered, its permalink is changed. Edit the OP to reflect any changes. BTW, pcpartpicker has support for a number of countries.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 2.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560M-K Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($83.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($675.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($70.94 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1149.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-18 20:20 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just now, asheenlevrai said:

Hope you get a better deal then. But still, prices are insane worldwide...

Yep. Sure are. I found that buying the components off of amazon (everything other than the gpu) is much less expansive. Unfortunately I can't really deal with any late shipping/malfunctioned products and the fact that the return policy applies to only 30 days within purchase doesn't really boost confidence either.

4 minutes ago, brob said:

The motherboard note concerning the second m.2 connector indicates that if one uses it for a SATA m.2 drive one of the regular SATA connectors will not work.

The i5-11400 is generally a touch less expensive.

The motherboard is mATX. It will look odd in an ATX case. Change one.

The case has a solid front. As a result it will have poor airflow. Mesh fronts are preferred these days.

One can get a good 1TB NVMe drive for the cost of the op choices.

When a partpicker build list is altered, it's permalink is changed. BTW, pcpartpicker has support for a number of countries.

Thanks,
I have updated the link.
I am aware of the fact the website has support for many countries, but in my country prices aren't available for many products. In this list only the WD was priced.
As for the 1 Tb nvme, should I go for a SATA or pcie? and what R\W should I aim for? ( if you any suggestion for such ssd it'd be very much appreciated).

2 minutes ago, iGotNothing said:

Thanks,
I have updated the link.
I am aware of the fact the website has support for many countries, but in my country prices aren't available for many products. In this list only the WD was priced.
As for the 1 Tb nvme, should I go for a SATA or pcie? and what R\W should I aim for? ( if you any suggestion for such ssd it'd be very much appreciated).

Any NVMe drive is going to perform better than a SATA III drive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.