Forced upgrade - need help choosing new monitor

WalkingInTheVoid
2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

The 42" OLED is going to be sweet, as for the QD-OLEDs , they can potential be even better as they will have proper RBG subpixel layouts thanks to the QD filter.

However the QD-OLED has low yield atm (~50% last i heard) so will be prohibitively expensive, and while the 42" would 'normally' be expected to cost $1000 or lower, the current state of tech prices means it likely wont be much cheaper than the when the 48" launched.

The C1 48" is currently around 1000€ in Germany and it got cheaper over it's lifespan. I wouldn't expect the 42" to be any more expensive. LG's yields with their current OLED technology are very high. So worst case it'll be around $1000 MSRP would be my "educated guess". And even then it's still a bargain for what the display can do.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The C1 48" is currently around 1000€ in Germany and it got cheaper over it's lifespan. I wouldn't expect the 42" to be any more expensive. LG's yields with their current OLED technology are very high. So worst case it'll be around $1000 MSRP would be my "educated guess". And even then it's still a bargain for what the display can do.

I'd like to believe that ..but.. When the 48" released it was in fact more expensive than the 55", and stayed that way for a long while.

So while yields are better indeed thanks to their multi modal fabrication method they are using now, they have release a smaller 'TV' before at a higher price than those sized above it, so i wouldnt rule out the 42" being more than the 48" at launch at least.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |