New build

Elgor01

Budget (including currency): $2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: warthunder, DCS, and other games

Other details: Want to run a 3 monitor setup a 27 curved in front and a 23 or so on each side all 1440 144 fastest I can find to reduce smearing, will eventually put in several usb powered MFDs for other devices (DCS), Im looking at a 3070 for video card, AMD 7 3800, 32 gigs (16x2) ram, 850 PS. I have a Samsung 1tb nvme and was thinking a 500 GB boot disk. I have built systems before but I think advice on monitors and multi setup would be helpful.

34 minutes ago, Elgor01 said:

Budget (including currency): $2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: warthunder, DCS, and other games

Other details: Want to run a 3 monitor setup a 27 curved in front and a 23 or so on each side all 1440 144 fastest I can find to reduce smearing, will eventually put in several usb powered MFDs for other devices (DCS), Im looking at a 3070 for video card, AMD 7 3800, 32 gigs (16x2) ram, 850 PS. I have a Samsung 1tb nvme and was thinking a 500 GB boot disk. I have built systems before but I think advice on monitors and multi setup would be helpful.

I can tell you right now that the 3070 is going to run you close to $1100 after taxes (assuming you don't live in Delaware, new hampshire, or Wyoming?)

Looked at prebuilds (I am SO ashamed), can get a 3070 and a AMD 7 5800 for under $ 1500 USD, plus minus.

So are you looking for some monitor recommendations then? Or build recommendations? It would be pretty tough to fit the monitors and PC with a 2000 USD budget

There are a couple of good monitors on the market. You can reference this video:

I personally used the Gigabyte M27Q and been enjoying using it since I got it about 3 months ago. Only problem I see is that the whites are little too bright.

In terms of set-up, you can place them side by side or get a dual/triple monitor arm mount for your desk. Advantage of monitor arm is that you can move and position the monitor way more freely than simply placing them on your desk. Here is a link to some: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=monitor+arm+dual&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Edited by Jonathan Lee
added monitor and set-up recommendations

My big concern is having enough horsepower to run all 3 monitors at 1440/144 and have a set of monitors with 102 or better DPI, I would like to know if anyone has an idea if a 3070 would run this??

3 hours ago, Elgor01 said:

My big concern is having enough horsepower to run all 3 monitors at 1440/144 and have a set of monitors with 102 or better DPI, I would like to know if anyone has an idea if a 3070 would run this??

3080ti/3090/6900xt with decent settings. my guess

16 hours ago, Elgor01 said:

Yea should be able to run it if you're not running multiple games on different monitors.

I mean, you can get something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Pro RS ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB AORUS ELITE Video Card  ($1019.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.90 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1989.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W