this is a long one...

Ahmad nabil

Budget (including currency): 150$ (SGD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly roblox,fortnite and minecraft (720p)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
so my little brother is lagging playing roblox games with an old laptop so he allways borrowed my system to play games and my dad doesnt like that so he challenge "me" to upgrade an old pc to a pc comparable to my system

the old pc
e2220
2gb ddr2
g32 board
gt240
hdd

my system
1035g4 
8gb ddr4
ssd

reminder i cant buy other pc like optiplex "i" have to upgrade it
really appreciate any help

You shouldn't spend any money on that old system.

First of all you should get it right ... no idea what a g32 board is, you probably mean g31

RAM will probably be a significant boost IN GENERAL but probably not be that noticeable in Roblox...  adding a 2nd 2GB stick (if you have only one 2 GB stick currently) will give a boost to the system.

You could upgrade the CPU to something higher end (whatever is supported by that motherboard), but if there's any quad core processors supported by that chipset, they'll probably be too expensive.

15 minutes ago, mariushm said:

First of all you should get it right ... no idea what a g32 board is, you probably mean g31

RAM will probably be a significant boost IN GENERAL but probably not be that noticeable in Roblox...  adding a 2nd 2GB stick (if you have only one 2 GB stick currently) will give a boost to the system.

You could upgrade the CPU to something higher end (whatever is supported by that motherboard), but if there's any quad core processors supported by that chipset, they'll probably be too expensive.

Yes and no.

Assuming this is the motherboard:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-G31-S3G-rev-10/

A Core 2 Quad Q9400 or Q9500 can be had on ebay US for 15$ or less.  Those are quad core and would be a hell of a boost.  (Make sure you have thermal paste to repaste the cooler)

2x2GB Sticks of KVR667D2N5/2G (RAM Support list) can also be had for sub-20$ on Ebay US.

And a 256GB SSD would be a big boost to overall responsiveness as well, which again can be had for 25 bucks or so.

Now, that said:

I wouldn't be caught dead throwing that much money at a system that old today.  Full stop.

But your call, I'm not you or your dad.

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-G31-S3G-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Here is a list of supported CPUs for  that motherboard. any Core 2 Quad Series CPU will be a decent upgrade.
I dont want to recommend a specific one, since I dont know the market in your country.

🥦🥦

10 hours ago, mariushm said:

sorry g31

9 hours ago, tkitch said:

Yes and no.

Assuming this is the motherboard:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-G31-S3G-rev-10/

A Core 2 Quad Q9400 or Q9500 can be had on ebay US for 15$ or less.  Those are quad core and would be a hell of a boost.  (Make sure you have thermal paste to repaste the cooler)

2x2GB Sticks of KVR667D2N5/2G (RAM Support list) can also be had for sub-20$ on Ebay US.

And a 256GB SSD would be a big boost to overall responsiveness as well, which again can be had for 25 bucks or so.

Now, that said:

I wouldn't be caught dead throwing that much money at a system that old today.  Full stop.

But your call, I'm not you or your dad.

nice thx