Canada Computers Reboxing older products with newer boxes

DaJellyDanish
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Could have been worse... a 8$ mice in the box.

It's like stories that some had in the states, where they bough a console or iPad, and got peace of wood or phone book.

The problem is proving that this was not the product you paid for.

I would return it, and fight for it. Now Canada Computers have stores and online, so I don't know which method he got it.

But you have to do this like NOW, not 3 weeks later. It's hard to prove that it's been several days and you just noticed it's the wrong model.

I would also call Razor, and file a complaint against Canada Computers, so that Razor give them some serious problem, if they Canada Computers don't fix the problem. I would also, look at local provincial laws for your rights on such thing, which you can mention to the store manager in the case he does a fight against you, saying it's you.

It is 100% Canada Computer fault for not verifying properly the returned product.

When it's open box, or the packaging is not 100% original in anyway, (say a plastic wrap around the device, but it doesn't look like machine made where it's perfect), I would definitely open the device at the cash register to make sure it's OK before leaving the store. And that is assuming that it.

So my friend decided to go buy a razer orochi from Canada Computers (it was on sale at the time)

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_279_275&item_id=056313

So he brought it home and showed it to me via skype, and i asked what year it was from, because it had blue lights as opposed to the newer green lights. Based on this and the specs of the mouse in synapse, we concluded it was the older version. However, it came in what was clearly marked as a 2013 Orochi box.

He also noted that he bought it as an "open box" as there was a considerable extra discount.

I'm about 99% sure that they boxed older orochis in newer boxes in order to sell them. Has anybody else experienced this? Is this even allowed?

Ty in advance :)

Its open box. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Its open box. 

Yes, open box. I thought this was meant that this has been opened by somebody previously, and then returned, not an entirely different box all together that does not correspond to the product inside

Hmm.. How weird. Yeah, if you are sure that the seller mentioned it was the 2013, then he got the wrong item.

However, if wherever he bought it from doesn't mention WHICH model it is, such as the 2013 or earlier, then no fraud was committed.

Its open box. 

Per what I mentioned above, if the seller didn't mention one way or another, being that it is an Open Box model, they may have just used any random box.. Maybe they thought they would help out by at least giving you an Orochi box.

Because the point of Open Box means... There may not even be a box.

So double check with your friend to see if the sales page even mentioned exactly which model it is. Ignore the box. He's lucky he got one at all.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Yes, open box. I thought this was meant that this has been opened by somebody previously, and then returned, not an entirely different box all together that does not correspond to the product inside

Someone could have easily messed it up when repacking the box, as the only to tell is by plugging it in. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

What if some one bought the 2013 and returned it with their original version in the box to get the newer mouse? Vistually not on the mice are basically identical.

Hmm.. How weird. Yeah, if you are sure that the seller mentioned it was the 2013, then he got the wrong item.

However, if wherever he bought it from doesn't mention WHICH model it is, such as the 2013 or earlier, then no fraud was committed.

Per what I mentioned above, if the seller didn't mention one way or another, being that it is an Open Box model, they may have just used any random box.. Maybe they thought they would help out by at least giving you an Orochi box.

Because the point of Open Box means... There may not even be a box.

So double check with your friend to see if the sales page even mentioned if it was supposed to be model or the other. Ignore the box. He's lucky he got one at all.

The thing is he got it in store off the shelf, and the problem isn't the box, the problem is that he got the older model which has significant differences than the one that the box indicated he was buying, for example, 6400 dpi is advertised, he got 4000. He thought he was getting the one he wanted, but it wasn't. I also noticed the product is titled "Retail Box". Wouldn't this indicate it should be the correct box? He's going back on Tuesday to see what he can do, but I find it a very strange mistake on the part of Canada Computers, so forgive me for being overly suspicious

Someone could have easily messed it up when repacking the box, as the only to tell is by plugging it in.

I'm not 100% on this, but A) they don't even have older models for sale in the first place, which is why I don't believe it was a packaging error, because then they would still have older models for sale... Also, again not 100%, but i'd imagine there would be large differneces from the blue led one, and the green led one. but yea its a possiblity

What if some one bought the 2013 and returned it with their original version in the box to get the newer mouse? Vistually not on the mice are basically identical.

I see what u mean, thats a genius move xD. Also possible :P

Oh, this was from a store shelf? How awful.

From my experience, it was a customer return. He bought the new one, and put the old one in.

Customer: 1

Canada Computers: 0

This has happened at my store in the passed, but I caught some of it.

Either way, tell your friend to go exchange it and if he complains enough to the manager, they should rightfully sell him the item he was expected to get, and damn sure for the agreed on price.

If their customer service is worth a grain of salt, the manager should have no problem charging same price on a new one - since this is an embarrassment for the retail store.

Could have been worse... a 8$ mice in the box.

It's like stories that some had in the states, where they bough a console or iPad, and got peace of wood or phone book.

The problem is proving that this was not the product you paid for.

I would return it, and fight for it. Now Canada Computers have stores and online, so I don't know which method he got it.

But you have to do this like NOW, not 3 weeks later. It's hard to prove that it's been several days and you just noticed it's the wrong model.

I would also call Razor, and file a complaint against Canada Computers, so that Razor give them some serious problem, if they Canada Computers don't fix the problem. I would also, look at local provincial laws for your rights on such thing, which you can mention to the store manager in the case he does a fight against you, saying it's you.

It is 100% Canada Computer fault for not verifying properly the returned product.

When it's open box, or the packaging is not 100% original in anyway, (say a plastic wrap around the device, but it doesn't look like machine made where it's perfect), I would definitely open the device at the cash register to make sure it's OK before leaving the store. And that is assuming that it.

Thank you everybody for your responses! They were very helpful. My friend is going back in a few days to try and get the one he wanted for the sale price (screenshotted it from the site to prove it WAS on sale) or get a refund. I'll leave the thread open for a bit longer to see if anybody else has anything to say.

Regards,

DaJellyDanish :)

the only crime here was purchasing a razer mouse... shots fired

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

the only crime here was purchasing a razer mouse... shots fired

Are you serious? What's wrong with the DeathAdder?

One of the best rated mice for competitive gaming!

Are you serious? What's wrong with the DeathAdder?

One of the best rated mice for competitive gaming!

Cheap plastic, inferior sensors and way too overpriced. This is being said from my own personal experience, I have owned a Razer Black Widow and a Death Adder 2012. The moment I swapped to my Logitech G602, I felt a improvement in everyway.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Cheap plastic, inferior sensors and way too overpriced. This is being said from my own personal experience, I have owned a Razer Black Widow and a Death Adder 2012. The moment I swapped to my Logitech G602, I felt a improvement in everyway.

i'd have to disagree, i got my deathadder last march and its still going strong. Maybe the 602 is better, but i prefer the buttom placement and shape of the deathadder. You also say you switched from a 2012 deathadder to a logitech 602, which was more recently released if i'm not mistaken, so i don't think thats a fair comparison. But please, lets not make this a debate about razer :)

Looks like it was an honest mistake at the retailer and could happen anywhere.  

It's not like they are trying to make a ton of $$$ by scamming people with their open box mice.

If the purchaser is unhappy then I'd just take it back to the store and explain why.  But if the purchaser got a considerable discount and the only thing wrong is the color of the LED lighting and it's build year (everything else being pretty much the same), I'd just be happy to have a good deal on a product and go play my games with it.

I don't think they have inferior sensors or any cheaper plastic than many of the other guys. But again, this is all susceptible to opinions.