Can you be Pro-crypto AND Pro-environment?

58 minutes ago, Sauron said:

only examples of other people or organizations saying or believing they are.

Exactly, glad we agree, that's the whole point. I'm neither researching/benefiting/developing nor investing, have no vested interest and my only point in posting is to explain and write out where and why I think this going that way using deductive reasoning and a decade of experience reading about and researching about this topic all condensed into these posts.

in the previous years it was ambiguous how this will progress and in what way, and I was never more than 40-50% sure how things are most likely looking to pan out, but all the stuff happening in the past year has snowballed into what I've talked about here. And due to my level of confidence into the accuracy of my assumptions rising to just a bit over ~70% I bothered to explain my understanding of everything I've ever read/heard and thought off in the area of crypto.

Technological benefit is yet to be seen, practical benefit is already vast, but indirect (and very imbalanced)

And this is where I'll stop replying for a while, because I feel we've exhaust the constructive discussion (agreed on everything we can, agreed to disagree on most of the rest, and what's left is just turning into feature creep because there's no defined scope of debate) We're on the precipice of veering more heavily into the realm of logical fallacies and semantics, which I have no intention of spamming the thread with.

I understand where you're coming from, and I've tried my hardest to elegantly provide all the opposing counterpoints, and at the end of the day, my main hope is everyone reading will be able to learn something.

P.S. Technically to be absolutely pedantic, I do have one subjective vested interested tangentially related to crypto: Getting a good graphic card for 1080p medium settings  80+ FPS cheaply xD So I'll give a little hint ETH <4GB Mining will reach 22% efficiency in Linux on March 8th. Barring any extreme rise of an alt coins, this will mean reduced Miner interest into buying new 4GB cards (AMD 6400XT/6500XT, Intel ARC-128, Nvidia). Coupled with pressure from Intel, producing uncharacteristically high need from AMD and Nvidia to compete, I'm 95% certain there will be an opportunity to nab cards at close to MSRP (whatever it is), than ever before in this mining boom cycle measured in days, if not few weeks (for smaller markets as well), and not just at launch. (Regardless of what happens I'll be back with a post then quoting this xD)

A second window of opportunity will present itself around ETH transitioning into PoS (though much more volatile and uncertain). This 4GB is a much safer, sooner, and more certain possibility. Be vigilant!

24 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

And this is where I'll stop replying for a while, because I feel we've exhaust the constructive discussion (agreed on everything we can, agreed to disagree on most of the rest, and what's left is just turning into feature creep because there's no defined scope of debate)

All I asked for was any evidence that the technology could be beneficial in ways that could not be achieved through other pre-existing tech. Your inability to provide any (despite your supposed years of research on the subject) just indicates to me that there probably aren't any, because it's simply not the case.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*