Computer will randomly and sometimes consistently black screen.

Colten Hammes

I want to say black screen but I don't know if that is the proper way to describe it. My computer will just go from running fine to the monitor goes black, there is a singular soft pop in my headphones, and in the case the cpu fan will stop spinning and then the computer will then boot up like nothing happened. Power on the mother board is still there because the rgb leds on the motherboard don't turn of or flicker. There are no indicator leds flashing. It happens randomly but there has been a couple times i can make it happen almost consistently. ie: Trying to open 7 Days to Die, stopping the Disney Plus web player for a time and trying to play what I was watching.

I have a suspicion that it could be my power supply but it happens sometimes when the computer is not drawing much power at all. 

Any one have any ideas or suggestions.

PC

Intel i7 8700K

ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA 1151

16 Gb 2400Mgz Memory

MSI 2060 

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 power supply

Various storage devices

I don't see why your PSU could be having issues with a 2060 so I would like to know if you are trying to run an overclock on any components? Sounds like to me your system likes to crash for some reason. And given your machine fully turns off it is most likely your CPU having issues in some way. You GPU can't USUALLY cause a system to crash and reboot.

First do u have a cpu overclock  .if so it might have became unstable and u should go to stock and overclock to a lower value later 

2nd I would normally say ddu but in your case I would say a fresh Windows install might do the trick. 

3rd if the issue still there it might be you psu is dying 

I don't have my cpu overclocked. If it is my cpu there is not much I can do except replace it, is there. 

Is there ways to troubleshoot those things without replacing them.