Halo Infinite campaign opens MS store page for gaming services

nightmarevoid

Hello everyone!

I was really enjoying Halo Infinite yesterday. I was also going to enjoy it today, but instead the game took me straight to the MS store page for windows gaming services when launched from the Xbox app for PC. Why use the game on that service? Because it's free with game pass, that's why. This has become a common problem for some people, so I'm going to post some possible fixes for it here. 

1. Reinstall Gaming Services

for this you'll need to open a powershell terminal as administrator, then enter the following commands. (Special thanks to a commentor on the MS store page for this)

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices|remove-AppxPackage -allusers
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

This is kinda like removing a package from Linux, and then readding it. You'll still need to download the gaming services from the MS store. Luckily, trying to launch the game will open the store page for the services.

2. uninstall and reinstall HD textures

This one is pretty straight forward. Open the Xbox App, select the Halo Infinite Campaign, then click on the options button ( . . . ) and select "Manage Game". From here deselect the HD Textures and click apply changes. When the menu closes, reopen it using the steps above and select to install the HD textures. Starting the game once with the texture uninstalled may also help.

Those two are the most effective solutions. Please comment below with other fixes and I'll add them to the list. 

3. Reset the app

This fix comes courtesy of a new feature of windows. If your install of windows 10 has not been updated in a long time then this option may not appear to you (also update your shiz).

Open the start menu and go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Halo Infinite and click on the options button to the right of it. From there select Advanced Options and scroll down to select the option to reset the app. 

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)