Need Help Deciding Between AMD or Intel

Kaboom714

Budget (including currency): $800 without GPU

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, Valorant, & Warzone

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I currently have two parts lists configured for either an AMD Ryzen 5600G or an Intel i5 10400. While the Intel build is cheaper I am unsure if I should spend the extra amount for the AMD build. When deciding what CPU I needed, the main necessities was at least six cores, an APU so that I don't have to buy an expensive GPU, and it had to be from the current generation or one before (not including 12th gen).

AMD Build* - AMD Build - Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core, Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Intel Build - Intel Build - Core i5-10400 2.9 GHz 6-Core, Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

*note*: I don't have a 3000 series cpu to do a bios update.

i3 10105f + gt 1030 2gb ddr5. best combo for budget esport right now

if you a streamer, go 5600g

3 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

i3 10105f + gt 1030 2gb ddr5. best combo for budget esport right now

if you a streamer, go 5600g

Since the prices for graphics cards are very expensive right now, I would much rather have an APU and wait for a 1660 Ti, 2060, or 3060 than a 1030. Also, the 10105f only has 4 cores, which is what I currently have on my laptop and really need an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, Kaboom714 said:

Since the prices for graphics cards are very expensive right now, I would much rather have an APU and wait for a 1660 Ti, 2060, or 3060 than a 1030. Also, the 10105f only has 4 cores, which is what I currently have on my laptop and really need an upgrade.

as yoiu wish

just do my best

12 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

as yoiu wish

just do my best

you're good bro. I still appreciate you commenting.

5600g comes with a stock cooler ... it's not great, but it's not horrible like the intel coolers are.  If your budget is tight, you can delay spending $40 on a cooler. 

Your build is kinda odd and has badly chosen components.  

Rather than getting separate wireless, spend a bit more (or less) and get a motherboard with wireless built in 

You don't need two extra fans. Most cases will come with at least two fans ... one to get air in, one to get air out. Only the CPU will make heat, so 2 fans that come with the case are plenty. 

Spend the money you save on a bigger mechanical drive - if you spend 30$ on 1 TB , makes more sense to spend $40 on 2 TB or $50-60 on 3-4 TB 

Here, I made the build at around $650 with better chosen parts: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bw6mVc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($38.47 @ Lenovo) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.00 @ Lenovo) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $652.43

You still have $150 left.

If you want to, spend 20$ on fans.... but if you end up there, you could just as well spend 99$ on a Fractal Design Meshify C instead, which comes with 2 fans included. : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6Crxr/fractal-design-meshify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg

Probably also better air flow than p400a.

If the fan seems too noisy or the cpu too hot for your liking, spend 30-50$ on a cooler later.