Case Fan Priority

iW1CKED

Hello.

I have a Kolink Void X and it comes with 1x preinstalled 120mm PWM fan on the back. I have 3x 120mm case fans that I bought. My question is do the fans have a priority in which order they should go first? I currently have 2x fans on the top and 1x on the front cover. Should I rearrange them to put all 3x on the front, 2x on the front and 1x on top or just leave em be as it doesn’t really matter? I’m just curious to make the most out of the fans as I don’t currently have anymore fans to put in my PC.

4 minutes ago, iW1CKED said:

Hello.

I have a Kolink Void X and it comes with 1x preinstalled 120mm PWM fan on the back. I have 3x 120mm case fans that I bought. My question is do the fans have a priority in which order they should go first? I currently have 2x fans on the top and 1x on the front cover. Should I rearrange them to put all 3x on the front, 2x on the front and 1x on top or just leave em be as it doesn’t really matter? I’m just curious to make the most out of the fans as I don’t currently have anymore fans to put in my PC.

No priority.
it comes down to having negative, neutral or positive pressure.

-Negative pressure is a majority of fan blowing out. that mean air will come in from all possible holes in your case, it's bad for dust but ensure constant fresh air.
-Neutral is normal air flow, meaning the same volume gets in and out.
-Positive means the intake is more that the outtake. It's easier to direct air flow in your dust filters that way but make the fan work a little harder.

With this particular case, air intake seems to be an issue so three 120 mm at the front might be just enough to get neutral pressure if you have a 120 pushing out through a normal opening.

It's important you make sure you have enough fan headers and the easier way to plug the three front intake in you MOBO is with a splitter like these. 

Get either a 3 pin or a 4 pin depending on the fan you are installing.
image.jpeg.5c7ea9c3e20d307f7d1dad4a49168501.jpeg

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10