Odd issue when turning on PC or Restarting from Windows after latest BIOS update

Hi all! I have a little bit of a weird issue with my system after updating to the latest BIOS. Before I begin, here is my complete setup from my PC Parts Picker list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/liberty610/builds/#view=BqHhP6

Ok, so my motherboard is the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme motherboard. I bought it shortly after it was released, and had only updated the BIOS one time. I was previously on version F30. I made the jump to Windows 11 and after doing some reading about Ryzen improvements, I also updated my BIOS to the latest version; F35d. After updating the BIOS, I unplugged the system, tapped the power button a couple times to drain all remaining power, and then hit the 'Clear Cmos" button. It's loaded up with "optimized defaults" and the only changes I made in the bios where I turned on XMP profile for my ram and I turned off the boards LED lights. So everything else is the "optimized" default settings.

Everything is working great overall, but here is a couple odd issues that never occurred until this latest BIOS version. Anytime I am in Windows and I click "Restart", it does restart, but for some reason, instead of the power staying on and doing it a 'soft reboot' if you will, it does a hard reboot where the board cuts all power for a moment (as if the power was cut from the outlet), and then shortly after it turns back on and boots. Normally, under any of the older BIOS versions it just remains fully powered on and restarts/boots. But this is a full power off state. All my fans and LEDs turn off and then everything comes back on.

Then other issue is, if I am in Windows and choose 'Shutdown', it shuts down like normal, but the next time I hit the power button to power it back on, the lights and fans come on for a second, then it turns itself completely off again for a brief moment, and then it turns back on again and boots.

This isn't normal behavior is it? I was not having either of these issues until I updated to the last F35d BIOS version.

Anyone else having these happen? Any ideas? Thanks for any replies/input!

Sounds like a memory issue, sometimes AGESA update makes memory support worse.

I'd recommend doing custom timings with ryzen dram calculator if you need the faster ram.

52 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

Sounds like a memory issue, sometimes AGESA update makes memory support worse.

I'd recommend doing custom timings with ryzen dram calculator if you need the faster ram.

Thank you sir, very much! I'll tip my didital cap to you, as it appears you are correct. I went in and disabled the XMP profile, and it now reboots and turns on normally without the odd power cut off issues.

I don't NEED the ram to be faster. It would have just been nice to have it working properly. I have just never been able to run XMP properly on this board with the current ram I have, and thought maybe this latest BIOS update would allow me to do so. I would get BSOD crashes prior to this BIOS version when running XMP. Before I realized the weird boot/restart issue, I ran a few extended tests on my system to make sure the XMP was stable. Prime95, mnem86, ect. No issues with BOSOD so I thought I was in the clear. Not so much now. I guess it's back to stock timings until I try a different ram kit or another update comes out.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the reply. I truly appreciate it,

I never got DOCP (XMP) running on an X570 board, always had to adjust the timings manually, and I allready tried 4 RAM kits and two board, somehow B550 seems to be more happy with faster RAM, as I never had any problems there. But I also only tested one cheap ASRock board with the same three kits.

Yea,  I've been a little disappointed that such a high end board like the x570 xtreme has had the bios bugs is had over the years. I've ran into several odd behaviors over the last couple bios versions,  but everything other then the xmp ordeal is running great now. 

Thanks again for the reply on this!