Good cheap wireless mouse?

Djuntas
Go to solution Solved by Deuxez,
2 hours ago, Djuntas said:

Thanks. Sadly in my country they are a little to costly, but they do seem nice. Just to bad almost none of logitech mouse has free scroll 馃槥聽its really awesome for browsing and some games.

Yeah Yeah its understandable. The market can be very different between countries or even states, and it can be hard for other people to know how the market looks.

Maybe the Logitech G305 Lightspeed? Abit cheaper, but still modern.

It seems like the G305 still uses their "hero" sensor, so battery life should still be pretty good compared to other wireless mice. It got all the functions every other Logitech wireless mouse has, except for Bluetooth. But I've personally never used Bluetooth, as it HAS some latency compared to their lightspeed USB, so you are not missing out on something.

The G305 overall just looks like every other wireless logitech mouse except the shape and of course, price.

Id say go for it!

Hey guys I need a wireless mouse on the cheap for chilled HTPC/streaming-like setup:

Wireless with charging, I would hate if it was AA-battery powered, but I fear most are that?

Good range on the bluetooth, has to work at least 5 meters away from the dongle which I'll have in a TV desk in my laptop.

I would prefer a fast scroll wheel, like Logitech's free scroll - So maybe Logitech has a mouse with these req's?

Not paying more than 50 dollars.

Logitech G604. One of their Lightspeed mice but also has bluetooth and has their fast scrolling tech. Unfortunately it is AA powered, but just get a rechargeable battery and swap it out once every two months.聽

15 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

聽Unfortunately it is AA powered, but just get a rechargeable battery and swap it out once every two months.聽

That is actually an amazing thing as this means you'll never have to deal with a bad battery. Just gotta keep a AA non rechargeable cell with you on the go for extra safety. A small tradeoff for a mouse that will go till it physically breaks.

Yeah the G604 is a nice mouse and all the buttons are great if you are into macros. It is a tad on the heavy side so is not the best in fps games

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That is actually an amazing thing as this means you'll never have to deal with a bad battery. Just gotta keep a AA non rechargeable cell with you on the go for extra safety. A small tradeoff for a mouse that will go till it physically breaks.

Agreed, for a mouse I'll take on the go I wouldn't use anything that isn't AA/AAA. Only time I prefer something else is when it's still easy replaceable like it is on higher end Logitech mice (G Pro Wireless for example) or supports wireless charging with things like Power Play.聽

(I might be a Logitech fanboy)

I would recommend some of Logitech's wireless gaming mice. Something like the G604 or G603 (I got this one) would be a great fit. They come with both lightspeed AND Bluetooth, and while they still use AA batteries, you only need to change them every 3-4 months (performance mode) or every 7-8 months (battery saving mode) because they use Logitech's new and improved "hero" sensor, which uses WAY less power than most other wireless high-end mice on the market.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Agreed, for a mouse I'll take on the go I wouldn't use anything that isn't AA/AAA. Only time I prefer something else is when it's still easy replaceable like it is on higher end Logitech mice (G Pro Wireless for example) or supports wireless charging with things like Power Play.聽

(I might be a Logitech fanboy)

I recently got the mx performance mouse from a friend of mine that had been daily driving it for nearly a decade. Works wonderfully after I did a bit of a cleanup and regreasing so the squeaky right and middle click stopped. Best part was that I just dumped in a random battery I had around and boom back up and running as if nothing ever happened.

18 hours ago, DankDeuxez said:

mend some of Logitech's wireless gaming mice. Something like the G604 or G603 (I got this one) would be a great fit. They come with both lightspeed AND Bluetooth, and while they still use AA batteries, you only need to change them every 3-4 months (performance mode) or every 7-8

18 hours ago, DankDeuxez said:

I would recommend some of Logitech's wireless gaming mice. Something like the G604 or G603 (I got this one) would be a great fit. They come with both lightspeed AND Bluetooth, and while they still use AA batteries, you only need to change them every 3-4 months (performance mode) or every 7-8 months (battery saving mode) because they use Logitech's new and improved "hero" sensor, which uses WAY less power than most other wireless high-end mice on the market.

Thanks. Sadly in my country they are a little to costly, but they do seem nice. Just to bad almost none of logitech mouse has free scroll 馃槥聽its really awesome for browsing and some games.

2 hours ago, Djuntas said:

Yeah Yeah its understandable. The market can be very different between countries or even states, and it can be hard for other people to know how the market looks.

It seems like the G305 still uses their "hero" sensor, so battery life should still be pretty good compared to other wireless mice. It got all the functions every other Logitech wireless mouse has, except for Bluetooth. But I've personally never used Bluetooth, as it HAS some latency compared to their lightspeed USB, so you are not missing out on something.

The G305 overall just looks like every other wireless logitech mouse except the shape and of course, price.

Id say go for it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, DankDeuxez said:

Id say go for it!

Had the 305 for a while now. A bit heavy mouse, but works very well (Logitechs software is also fine), even from far away from the dongle, great tracking and seems like good enough build quality 馃檪聽Cheers.