Korean Monitor

Wysoseriouss

Just wondering if anyone here has got or has ordered a korean 1440p Monitor like the Shimian QH270 Lite. If you do, how is it? Does anyone here have any horror stories?

I'm considering getting one as I can not really justify spending the $700 - $800 it costs here in Australia to buy an equivalent monitor from someone like Dell or Asus.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I just received my qnix qx2710 yesterday. The quality of the Casing obviously horrible, the panel had play and was sitting a little to deep inside the chassis, was able to correct that myself but yeah the quality is absolutely awful( though it didn't wobble as much as my Benq gw2450hm I just tested a week ago), had a little edge bleed which i was able to fix with a little guide from the overclock.net side and one stuck pixel in the bottom left corner. If you can suck up those downsides and the probability of arising problems with warranty etc. Then it's worth the considerable risk. And even after only gaming a few hours on it, I'm completely sold ! ;P 

You only have to remember, those are in some way or another faulty panels, you have the chance to get a absolutely perfect one, an almost perfect one or something horrible(in the auction I bought there was a little addition that I could send the Monitor back for free if the Panel was obviously faulty.) 

I did buy Qnix QX2710 Evo 2... 

I think it will arrive to me tomorrow... Evo 2 seams can handle 120hz . if you wish I can post some pictures of my monitor.. but if you follow overclock post then you can see how many people are very satisfied with that monitor.. 

If it will arrive in one piece and will have no serious problems then I will be so happy.. 

PS

Did buy for 350$ from green-sum. 

CPU: AMD FX-8120@4.2 MB: Gigabyte 990xa-ud3 RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX 2.133 GHz SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB HDD: 1 TB Samsung GPU: Asus HD7970 Direct CUII @1050

I just got my Monoprice 27inch today.It is amazing and has zero dead pixels or light bleed.It is guaranteed to be free of a single dead pixel.I have only been using for close 2 a hour so i will do a better review tomorrow.But so far so good.And they are only 30miles from my house in CA so if i don't like it i will take it back as they have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee..

Wysoseriouss, there is no denying that you get what you paid for. The panels are rejects from LG. Basically they didn't pass certifications. It could be a variety of reasons why... maybe they are not durable to specs, maybe they think it won't last shipping to Dell, ASUS, ViewSonic, etc... and then to you. or manybe actual fault but barelly visible. Like sharpness issue on 1 pixel because the grid isn't perfect. These monitors, are sold to these cheap Korean companies as A or A-, instead of thrown away. These cheap Korean manufacture puts these panel in some generic monitor enclosure of cheap quality, to keep cost down, and sale it. Alsop, it must be noted that these panel usually don't have any treatment anti-glare process done on them, so they are glossy. Also, the monitor usually don't have any On screen display options, and really only have brightness up and down, that switch between 5 or 8 levels of brightness depending on the model.

Now, you have companies like Monoprice, which now does the same, but they put a bit more effort into them. Like you'll get a circuit with a basic on screen menu with actual basic settings to adjust, and possibly a bit getter stand quality, but still low. Also, it's possible that they put a regulator circuit, so that it works with all graphic cards. It drive the cost up, of course, but it works, and has at least something going on for it.

Linus did a video on one of them (Nixeus NX-VUE27):

As you can see, quality is not really there, and same for engineering, the height adjustable feature, which is rare to see, is on plastic system.. so expect to see this get loose over time, but it's cheaper.

For the case of the Nixeus, Anandtech did a review on it: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6286/nixeus-27-inch-ips-monitor-for-the-masses

Pretty much saying what I what said. Input lag is awful on this particular model, and it doesn't have a color processor or anything like that to justify the reason for the large input lag.

And color, aren't great.

Basically the conclusion, at least for this particular monitor, is that for ~100$ more, you can get a FAR FAR FAR better monitor, the Dell U2713HM in every way possible, from build quality, service, warranty coverage, image quality, not glossy, features, faster monitor, less input lag, thinner borders, etc.

The Monoprice one looks better, it cheaper than the Nixeus. So you can justify it the corner cutting process, if you will, if you are tight with money. But I'll let OnceGun do his review, and impression on the monitor.

And of course, you have the Korean monitor on eBay which are even more cheaper, but based on others experience, if you need to return it, it's about 100$ shipping, and while many are happy with their purchase, a lot had to return theirs, as they don't seam to verify the panels they bought.

So, I think, while I still wait for OneGun review on the Monoprice one, it's a: "you get what you paid for" situation.

*Snip*

His review didn't seem to have all that much detail. I did one on my Monoprice 30" monitor. Was surprised that it came with a metal bezel and a matte screen. A lot of that input lag tends to come from the internal scaler and OSD with cheap korean monitors. Which is typically why people prefer them without them, as it not only reduces input lag, but also costs. I really don't care for the Nixeus at it's price range and think Monoprice and Auria are FAR more tempting.

Though I'm hoping someone like Crossover takes rejected 4k panels and starts releasing them with a single display port in the near future. I want some sub-$1000 4k monitors.

Yes I saw the ebay cheap Korean 30inch monitor. It's the only one with a metal enclosure and non-glossy.

However, metal is not really expensive. I meant it's basic metal structure, no real metal work. It's just a box you can unscrew open.

They did it, probably, out of no choice as it most likely brake in a cheap plastic enclosure during shipping, as it's heavy.

While true that input lag is reduced without the multiple inputs and circuit. A good circuit with a fast processor, which cost more, gets you the best of both worlds.

Also, the difference in input lag isn't that big. Most likely you would have not noticed the difference. People make input lag too big of deal of what it is.

TV have input lag of over 100ms average. That's HUGE, that's not even someone acceptable on the computer space, yet, no one notices it, and people use their TVs are monitors, and they do play FPS games a lot.

Yes I saw the ebay cheap Korean 30inch monitor. It's the only one with a metal enclosure and non-glossy.

However, metal is not really expensive. I meant it's basic metal structure, no real metal work. It's just a box you can unscrew open.

They did it, probably, out of no choice as it most likely brake in a cheap plastic enclosure during shipping, as it's heavy.

While true that input lag is reduced without the multiple inputs and circuit. A good circuit with a fast processor, which cost more, gets you the best of both worlds.

Also, the difference in input lag isn't that big. Most likely you would have not noticed the difference. People make input lag too big of deal of what it is.

TV have input lag of over 100ms average. That's HUGE, that's not even someone acceptable on the computer space, yet, no one notices it, and people use their TVs are monitors, and they do play FPS games a lot.

That's why people opt out of them. Not only does it remove the input lag brought on by crummy internal scalers but also reduces the cost of the monitor, the best of both worlds. So you get the resolution you desire at an even lower price. To be fair though, I typically notice it around 25-30ms, but I'm pretty darn sensitive to delays though.

No, because now you don't have a color processor, Look Up Table, regulator circuit, Ability to adjust colors (a lot of high-end consumer grade monitors, have complete control on color advertisement: Hue, Offste, Saturation, etc), no DDC/CI support (some people want it), 1:1 pixel mapping, proper scaling system of lower resolution content displayed on the screen, and more.

You don't have best of both worlds. TV's have crappy circuits, hence why they are 100ms+ input lag.. sucks if you have WiiU:

High end consumer grade Monitors don't. Also usually they have a "game" mode which keeps you the benefits of the features, but turns off the color processor and by-passes other things, resulting in reduce input lag,

I bought a Crossover 3020MDP 2560 x 1600 IPS monitor. Honestly it is amazing. Build quality is fantastic and no dead pixel in sight!

Here are the outside shots with the I/O too :)

IMG_6100-4.jpg

IMG_6109-5.jpg

IMG_6115-6.jpg

IMG_6119-7.jpg

IMG_6121-8.jpg

OVERALL I am very happy with this monitor, there were no dead pixels and the colour vibrance is outstanding, IPS is well worth the upgrade of a TN panel, and the high resolution is drool material. Overall a 10/10 experience!

Paul from NeweggTV has a pretty cool Korean monitor and looks pretty nice to me. I'm kind of tempted:

If you were going to get any Korean monitor, Crossover's ones are the best quality

Monoprice has there new 27IN A1 panels which are guaranteed picture perfect and pixel perfect. They have all the inputs and a OSD. I have noticed no ghosting or any issues on mine and I came from a 27 inch 2ms Asus TN panel. The monitor is glossy but it looks like they used a anti glare coating like on glasses as the reflections are purplish. Over all I am happy with my purchase. And the are in so Cal so returns are not a issue since I can drive there..

Purple'ish reflection effect on the panel, is because the panel was deigned to have a glass on the front of the panel, which is missing. It was probably designed for those all in one computers, where, like the iMac, they usually have a glass sheet in front of them. They do this, to avoid the double reflection from the glass panel.

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys, definitely some food for thought here. At this rate I feel like maybe I should just save up and get a proper one like the Dell Ultrasharp, but I have trouble justifying to myself spending $700 on a monitor even though I could definitely use it as I do a lot of colour grading for my film work.

I kinda liked the idea behind the Nixeus and things like that, but the fact that they are based in North America doesn't help me much as I live in Australia so even Korea is closer for me to ship a faulty panel back to.

At this point in time I think I will still lean towards a Korean monitor but Maybe I'll brave a Crossover rather than the Shimian that I've had my eye on or maybe even look in to a Monoprice monitor.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Wait for special for Dell. Check everyday for prices. Sometimes Dell has these 24h specials.

I have seen the U2713HM 200$ off, on special here in Canada.