Fresh Windows install from 11 to 10 error

Boyo8787

I am trying to get a new install going from windows 11 to 10 with a original usb and windows key. After windows installs and restarts i always get recovery error and prompts back to windows boot manager. And windows install to square one. What is going on? All my drives have no errors and are fully functional

0EFE2B99-E853-4572-9A5A-961786E96BD8.jpeg

D4C55998-79FD-4884-9D7C-A18E9BA06703.jpeg

So lets forget 11 for the time being. You have a Windows 10 USB installer and are trying to wipe and install Windows 10 on this PC. Is this USB installer one you made recently using the official MS tool? 

Just now, rickeo said:

So lets forget 11 for the time being. You have a Windows 10 USB installer and are trying to wipe and install Windows 10 on this PC. Is this USB installer one you made recently using the official MS tool? 

No its original I bought with the computer in 2018 used it only once to install windows.

Just now, Boyo8787 said:

No its original I bought with the computer in 2018 used it only once to install windows.

Id use another pc to run to tool and get a newer build of windows on the installer, and then install that new build

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, Boyo8787 said:

Yeah, I would make a new USB installer. Forgetting the fact that it could just be bad and causing these issues, the version of 10 on it is going to be very old and missing some major updates. You'll save yourself a ton of time running Windows Update by making a new USB installer and try that. 

19 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Yeah, I would make a new USB installer. Forgetting the fact that it could just be bad and causing these issues, the version of 10 on it is going to be very old and missing some major updates. You'll save yourself a ton of time running Windows Update by making a new USB installer and try that. 

Ill try that tonight hope it works. Otherwise I’m screwed 

I've seen that screen many times before and it was because of a certain windows issue. Did you try installing windows with multiple drives connected in your computer? Because windows does this messed up thing where it installs parts of the os drive on different drives. If you install on one drive it adds boot data to the other drives pressent. And when the computer sees this boot data it thinks that's where it's to boot windows from. However the windows install has changed/gone so you get the screen you are seeing when you try to boot.

Try this. Disconnect every drive bar the one you want to install on. Install windows on that drive. Make sure no other drives are connected. I bet you windows will work then. Just watch when you come to reconnect any other drives you have. There's a rogue boot partition somewhere.

39 minutes ago, Digideath said:

I've seen that screen many times before and it was because of a certain windows issue. Did you try installing windows with multiple drives connected in your computer? Because windows does this messed up thing where it installs parts of the os drive on different drives. If you install on one drive it adds boot data to the other drives pressent. And when the computer sees this boot data it thinks that's where it's to boot windows from. However the windows install has changed/gone so you get the screen you are seeing when you try to boot.

Try this. Disconnect every drive bar the one you want to install on. Install windows on that drive. Make sure no other drives are connected. I bet you windows will work then. Just watch when you come to reconnect any other drives you have. There's a rogue boot partition somewhere.

I do have a ssd and a hdd, and cannot install windows cuz of a different error mrt?so it would be the hdd unless you know how to fix that too

1 hour ago, Boyo8787 said:

I do have a ssd and a hdd, and cannot install windows cuz of a different error mrt?so it would be the hdd unless you know how to fix that too

My bad, GPT and not sure how to fix this in bios

Ok so I removed a hard drive windows gets to the restart part and then goes straight back to windows install?