Need help concerning UPSs, Surge protected outlets, and daisy chaining

Anlkvk

So i have been using a regular 4-slot extension cord to power my pc & peripherals, but now i need 5-6 slots and I live in a very old apartment with really crappy power grid.

I have looked up benefits of UPSs and surge protected outlets and stuff like that but cant seem to figure out what to do.

Here are the 4 kinds of products that in question:

Surge protected outlet: Schneider Electric PME1WB-GR Tekli Akım Korumalı Priz

UPS: Schneider BVS 500 VA BVS500I-GR Line Interactive Kesintisiz Güç Kaynağı

Voltage regulator: Schneider APC LS595-RS 600 VA Voltaj Regülatörü

Extension cord with multiple slots: Schneider / 6'lı Klemensli Anahtarlı Grup Priz / GPR602000 Fiyatları ve  Özellikleri

Here are the problems I am facing currently:

- I am looking for a UPS but the models that i can afford have only up to 4 slots.

- I dont know if i should use a surge protected single-slot outlet to plug the UPS into.

- I have seen some devices called voltage regulators, can i use those instead of UPS?

- Blackouts are common and the power grid is unstable, I experience flickering lights regularly.

Here are the specifics of my setup:

- I have a good psu (corsair rm750x) and a very low powered pc (r5 3600 + gtx 950)

- My setup is located 5 meters away from the closest power outlet

- My setup requires 5 power outlets (1 for pc, 1 for monitor, 1 for printer, 1 for the phantom power I use to power my condenser mic, 1 for speakers and I would love to have an extra slot to charge my phone but thats not necessary)

- I save my progress almost every minute so I dont really care about powering my setup for long periods of time after the power goes out.

Should I buy a 4 outlet UPS and daisy chain it with a 2-3 slot extension cord?

Should I use a surge protected power outlet to plug the ups into?

Do I need a UPS or can i just use a voltage regulator?

Here is what I have been thinking:

Wall power --> Surge protected outlet --> UPS --> multiple slot extension outlet --> my setup OR:

Wall power --> Surge protected outlet with a long cord --> UPS (4 slot) + dual slot expansion --> my setup

I dont know if thats optimal or even dangerous.

I really dont know what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Here is a super-accurate artistic drawing of what I have in mind:

image.thumb.png.5bf4ad80c73e6e9117ffa07aa3cc4c0f.png

As someone who also lives in crappy power grid. I'm skipping UPS altogether because (1) it degrade over time, (2) it's kinda pricy, and (3) I assume you don't do any mission critical work on home PC, so power off here and there are fine.

My setup is really simple:

Power cord > Voltage regulator > 6 slot power extension cord > PC & Monitor (speaker I use small USB powered one).

Also considering 5 meter is kinda long, I'll ensure getting nice voltage regulator 1000 Watts minimum that comes with thick power cord. Also don't cheapen out on the power cord extension.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Goldilock said:

As someone who also lives in crappy power grid. I'm skipping UPS altogether because (1) it degrade over time, (2) it's kinda pricy, and (3) I assume you don't do any mission critical work on home PC, so power off here and there are fine.

My setup is really simple:

Power cord > Voltage regulator > 6 slot power extension cord > PC & Monitor (speaker I use small USB powered one).

Also considering 5 meter is kinda long, I'll ensure getting nice voltage regulator 1000 Watts minimum that comes with thick power cord. Also don't cheapen out on the power cord extension.

Hope that helps.

thank you it helps a lot

43 minutes ago, Anlkvk said:

thank you it helps a lot

sorry mate, there was typo 😅. When I wrote power cord, it should wall power.

Wall power > Voltage regulator > 6 slot power extension cord > PC & Monitor (speaker I use small USB powered one).