Blink offline?

kfinch

So I see blink cams on sale for black Friday, I'm wondering if there's anyway to run them with only local storage? My WiFi is garbage and can't handle  the 6 cameras. I can set up a network for them just without internet. 

I only get 1100kb up 450kb down until starlink or LTE gets their crap together.

They're low priced cameras, so any ability to modify them will have been total zero priority.

They are what they are and will need to stream to the cloud.

If you want low price security cameras with local storage, you want to look at Wyze. Better quality and more affordable than Amazon's offerings. 

That said, there are only so many options for cheap security cameras. Outside of Amazon, Wyze and a plethora of sketchy Chinese generic garbage, there isn't much else. All other solutions are going to cost like 3x as much.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

38 minutes ago, Roswell said:

If you want low price security cameras with local storage, you want to look at Wyze. Better quality and more affordable than Amazon's offerings. 

That said, there are only so many options for cheap security cameras. Outside of Amazon, Wyze and a plethora of sketchy Chinese generic garbage, there isn't much else. All other solutions are going to cost like 3x as much.

I'm okay with higher costs, I mainly want the completely wireless aspect of exterior cameras because I rent and really don't look forward to trying to run PoE outside

2 hours ago, kfinch said:

I'm okay with higher costs, I mainly want the completely wireless aspect of exterior cameras because I rent and really don't look forward to trying to run PoE outside

Do you need continual recording? Totally wireless security cameras only record short clips and then have a cooldown of 5 minutes or so before it can record another.

If that’s okay, I’d check out Eufy’s offerings. A set of 6 will run you around $6-700 but they’re leaps and bounds better than Wyze and Blink. Better battery life, much better picture quality, way better app, etc.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

11 hours ago, Roswell said:

Do you need continual recording? Totally wireless security cameras only record short clips and then have a cooldown of 5 minutes or so before it can record another.

If that’s okay, I’d check out Eufy’s offerings. A set of 6 will run you around $6-700 but they’re leaps and bounds better than Wyze and Blink. Better battery life, much better picture quality, way better app, etc.

Sounds like totally wireless isn't the way to go. On to the PoE options I guess.