Need Help with Budget $1000 CAD Build for Minecraft for Christmas

Finalcountdown

Budget (including currency): $1000 CAD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing Minecraft

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys, 

A friend of mine wants to buy her 10yo son his first PC for Christmas. She said she wants the PC to play Minecraft. 
Her budget is $1000 CAD for everything including peripherals. 
I know Minecraft has a couple different versions, she didn't specify which one so what ever fits in the budget.
If you guys could post some builds that I could put together for her that would be really appreciated. 
Keep in mind I'm in Canada so parts available here are needed.  

Thanks everyone

Here's one I threw together in a different thread. They sounded set on a GPU so I overspecced the PSU for that one. There's still no case in the list, but it'd let you guys pick that. 5600g would be a pretty good option until they decided to get a GPU later, if they did. Same thing with the CPU cooler and storage. Leaves $380 for peripherals. I tend to over spend on peripherals so I wouldn't trust me to pick budget options for those. 

3 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

I'm not sure what price of prebuilts you were looking at. 1tb is way more storage than they'd need for a while. The CPU cooler isn't necessary, the CPU comes with one, but it's a nice to have. That power supply is really good for the price. The fan on it is a bit loud, but if that's not a problem it's hard to beat for the cost. It would also leave room for a 6700xt or 3070 or lower later. In all honesty, I run a 5800x and a 6800xt on a 600W Corsair SF, so you might be able to get away with more gpu, but I doubt they'd need more. I didn't pick a case since that's a bit up to you and the kid. That motherboard might require a BIOS update, but it supports bios updates without a compatible CPU. Just need a USB drive. If you were to drop the CPU cooler and kick the storage down to a SN550 500gb, you could get the price down to $550 before a case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($238.98 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($46.08 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $629.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-25 11:33 EST-0500

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xWCqK3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($289.50 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($119.50 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($66.99 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: EVGA B5 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($67.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($17.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Monitor: Asus VP228HE 21.5" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor  ($154.99 @ Memory Express) 
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Mouse: Logitech G403 HERO Wired Optical Mouse  ($59.93 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1019.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-25 14:54 EST-0500

The motherboard has a USB flash feature if it doesn't ship with the proper bios. An aftermarket cooler isn't really necessary for strictly gaming, so the 5600G will be fine here, and the PSU is easily ready for something like a 6600 XT in the future.

the pc guy

Minecraft can use quite a bit of ram if you want it too. I wouldn't recommend getting less than 16GB. I would go with what @Forleb said. Maybe just switch the SSD with a nicer one with dram. Some recommendations:

ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro

Mushkin Enhanced Pilot-E

Since it's for your daughter, not sure if she'd notice a difference, but why not get her something nice. I would recommend going for a 1TB version because they tend to be faster than their small capacity counterparts.

The CPU has an iGPU which should be plenty for minecraft. You can put in a graphics card later if your daughter need more graphical horse power later down the line. I would either put a 6600xt or 3060 on to it.

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

The CPU has an iGPU which should be plenty for minecraft. You can put in a graphics card later if your daughter need more graphical horse power later down the line. I would either put a 6600xt or 3060 on to it.

thank you 

23 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Thanks everyone for the responses. You really did help me.