Is it possible to add shortcuts to the windows explorer?

MatsNorway

Is it possible to add shortcuts to the windows explorer? As in pin them like "this PC" is and "OneDrive" is?

I got a few reg edits but they mostly remove or restore things like  "3D objects" and "music". Pinning the folder i mostly work in would be quite handy.

image.png.ea40f5e964e5cae3ea6c07ad233db0df.png

You can install Winaero Tweaker. Open it, and either search or scroll down to Navigation Pane - Custom Items. Either press the Add Custom Folder to add any folder or if you want to Pin GodMode or WindowsTools ect. Hope this helped!

Edit -  if you want to add a folder to This PC scroll up a bit and go to Customise This PC Folders

Edited by George Vella

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

Winaero Tweaker was great. I was able to add folders from my PC (under customise this PC folders). However i could not add shortcuts to the server drives.

So in a way the hunt continues.

1 hour ago, MatsNorway said:

Winaero Tweaker was great. I was able to add folders from my PC (under customise this PC folders). However i could not add shortcuts to the server drives.

So in a way the hunt continues.

I'm not really sure it'd work, but maybe you can try adding a symbolic link https://www.schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html to a folder in your C:/ Drive that'll link to the server drives? Otherwise I'm sorry but I have no idea

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

• 5 months later...

Had a look at it, that seems to be complicated beyond my likely skill and success.

• 3 months later...

Had a se

On 11/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, George Vella said:

I'm not really sure it'd work, but maybe you can try adding a symbolic link https://www.schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html to a folder in your C:/ Drive that'll link to the server drives? Otherwise I'm sorry but I have no idea

Had a second go at it. It works, not sure if i did exacly what you intended but i end up with a folder in the folder, still and improvement as finding the folder from the CAD application is easier but its not perfect.