Need some help looking over my PC build

ovivorous

Budget (including currency): $1000 CAD or below

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mid to high end gaming, Triple A games, Video/Photo Editing (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.), Unity

Other details: I already have an I7-8700 (non-k) and a 1060 6GB both from my current PC (Alienware Aurora R7) that I'm going to use. I plan on upgrading my GPU when/if the prices go down. I would eventually like to upgrade to a 3060 or 70. Currently on Amazon the total is $796.70 CAD (Before shipping and taxes). I would also like to give my sibling my old PC and buy a new CPU for the old machine and run off of the integrated graphics. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to add but I also plan on adding a 2TB BarraCuda hard drive

-https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gBdqK3 (note that the motherboard price isn't accurate and is currently listed on Amazon for $259.99 CAD)

current specs.png

if i read your post right, you plan to keep the i7 8700 from the current pc, and build a new rig off that chip, and then give the alienware pc to someone and get a new cpu for it?

i would suggest not going with a z390 board that is on your list and look into a b360 board,  I would imagine it would save some money even being a few generations old now.  

There is absolutely no point investing in dead platform. Yes, You have CPU, But you are still going to buy motherboard. So get to new platform. It's within your budget. I edited list with more reasonable choices. Sell or give away your I7. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($349.99 @ Canada Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Vetroo V5 52 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($79.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($121.92 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.94 @ iSanek) 
Total: $866.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-23 02:04 EST-0500