GPU vBIOS Flashing

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a BIOS update for my GPU (MSI R9 270 Gaming 2G) with support for UEFI. I found the BIOS from TechPowerUp but when I try to flash it I get an error saying "P/N mismatch". It has xxx-xxx instead of full P/N number and I can't find one with the correct P/N. Can anyone make it so it has the correct P/N? Or find it? I tried to edit it using an editor for BIOS but the program doesn't open any .rom file I put into it and thinks it's not an AMD/ATI BIOS. Thanks for all the help. I'll attach the BIOS file as well.

1718662017_Ekrangrnts2021-11-19234932.png.77c27ef93950d3b0801d5e7b88d63867.pngMSI.R9270.2048.131211 (1).rom

You dont use GUI for flashing. Move the BIOS you want to flash to the same folder as the amdvbflash. Launch a command prompt as admin, then CD to the directory where amdvbflash is. Then command is: amdvbflash -f -p "0" "NAMEOFYOURBIOS.bin".

I take no responsibility if you arent flashing the correct bios. I will not help you with recovery if you mess it up, recovery wont be possible if you dont have a secondary graphics card.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

11 hours ago, Levent said:

You dont use GUI for flashing. Move the BIOS you want to flash to the same folder as the amdvbflash. Launch a command prompt as admin, then CD to the directory where amdvbflash is. Then command is: amdvbflash -f -p "0" "NAMEOFYOURBIOS.bin".

I take no responsibility if you arent flashing the correct bios. I will not help you with recovery if you mess it up, recovery wont be possible if you dont have a secondary graphics card.

oh okay. I watched a video from Gamer Nexus they did it directly from GUI. Thank you for your advice. I take full responsibility haha. Pray for me 😄

11 hours ago, Levent said:

I did what you said and it still says P/N mismatch and doesnt follow through. Only BIOS with UEFI support that I could find has this P/N problem. I don’t know what to do about it.

image.jpg

• 4 months later...